Kraton Recommended Batteries for Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noob here, any new suggestions...there are a lot of options, I have a 6s 9000 22.2v.....they don't even make that anymore...so now do I go 6s or 4s....what is the difference between 11.1v and 22.2v I see some saying either or in their battery choices, I bought a used worked Kraton with upgraded ESC, I drove it for about 2 minutes and it is stupid fast.

I just ordered these POWER HOBBY batts, but have not run them yet. I checked the cells last night and everything looks good. 7600mAh 75C and come with the XT90 connectors. I could not pass up the 7600MAH. On a cool day those things will give me 30-45 minutes of run time. In a Skate park I might get an hour out of them. I do have some smaller PwerHobby Batts for my 1/10 buggy and they are still rockin after 18 months.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071HMQBMP?th=1

Noon question. I have two chargers here. How do you "check" a lipo to see if it's good.
Also I'm not sure about the whole discharge and balance / maintenance of them???
Please help.

Just a update on my battery situation. I landed a 80 ft 62mph front flip the other day and when the chassis smacked the ground it jolted my SMC 6S pack and now its puffing real bad.

I've been using SMC exclusively for years and never had a single problem until now. Not sure any other battery wouldve faired better but just wanted to share that info.

The pack is the 4500 45C 6S pack. Cells are all still balanced and Revolectrix GT500DUO shows all 6 cells are +/- 1 ohm of each other.....which is better than most HK batteries have tested new.

Just a update on my battery situation. I landed a 80 ft 62mph front flip the other day and when the chassis smacked the ground it jolted my SMC 6S pack and now its puffing real bad.

I've been using SMC exclusively for years and never had a single problem until now. Not sure any other battery wouldve faired better but just wanted to share that info.

The pack is the 4500 45C 6S pack. Cells are all still balanced and Revolectrix GT500DUO shows all 6 cells are +/- 1 ohm of each other.....which is better than most HK batteries have tested new.
i have their 4500 90c pack and noticed a little puffing. I haven't jumped it more than 7ft high or very far. Maybe 6 charges on it. I did notice the puffing is on the bottom of the battery restss on the batt tray. Ir isnt bad though(+/- 1 ohm), but i did notice those bottom cells read higher than the top ones

Wow!!

That's intense.

Does anyone have any current recommendations in 2020? I need pairs of 3s batteries for my Kraton. I was running these great Powerhobby batteries but the seller on Amazon screwed me over $120 for them. They never sent them and then they sent the wrong ones. They sent me 100c hardcase batteries that I would have to jam into the Kraton to make fit. The center of gravity would be much higher on the left. In short, they seem useless to me. Now they won't answer me anymore. The summer is only a few short months and they wasted five weeks of my time. I'm down to one set now. Also need the batteries to have ec5 connectors. I don't solder. Idk why it's so damn hard to find batteries that have ec5 and actually fit in the Kraton. Its ridiculous that all this stuff seems to NEVER be compatible. Anyway, thanks ahead of time.

The time is ticking, I'll be ordering a new set of Lipos soon. What are the best recommendation for now?

Depends what you are looking for (voltage/mAh's/size/c-rating). I get 'out of stock' more often these days.
CNHL, HobbyKing, G.e.n.s.Ace and Ovonic are my first choices.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back