Kraton Recommended hex drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMA-driver

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’m relatively new to RC cars coming from RC planes. While working on my my cars I’ve noticed that it’s way too easy to strip screw heads, especially on the 2mm screws that are everywhere. I’m noticing that both the hex driver bit I bought for my electric screwdriver and the Hobbypark hex set I bought tips round off very easily.

Can someone recommend a superior brand of hex bits/drivers etc., that don’t round so easily? As well, I’d welcome any Suggestions for dealing with small screws i.e. 2 mm, that are difficult to both remove and install without stripping.

Also, I welcome recommendations of screw and bolt kits that are made out of quality materials. One of the cheap kits I bought for a 1/10 scale car I have, The screws around very easily in the tolerance is a very poor.

I use Mac hexes and the only time I’ve stripped a screw is because of evil red lock Tite (which should be banned for rc use)

The last i bought are titanium alloy hex driver, affordable, i'm happy with them. I was able to unscrew any heavy thread locked screws on my Notorious or Hobao.

hex driver.JPG

My handled drivers are Neweer from Amazon and I’ve owned both EDS and MIP drivers for my DeWALT driver. All are excellent so far. The MIP driver is by far the tightest fit I’ve ever had from a tip.

most everybody will say mip.....Align makes a fantastic kit for a fraction of the price. Can be had for about $30 on amazon. nice sharp cuts out of the package, time will tell on durability.

The MIP driver is by far the tightest fit I’ve ever had from a tip.
I totally agree, and couldn't believe how tight the fit was when I got mine..??
Just wouldn't buy anything else going forward after using the MIP's...

Anyone have experience with the arrow max line ???- pricey but... anyone?

I totally agree, and couldn't believe how tight the fit was when I got mine..??
Just wouldn't buy anything else going forward after using the MIP's...
Thanks all for your input. I bought a 2mm MIP driver and 3 MIP with handle and the difference is dramatic, the fit is much tighter and the tool does not round off. Now I need to try the ball driver for hard to reach angles!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back