Mojave Recommended Mojave EXB upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kSetuni

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Talion
  5. Vorteks
Hi everyone,

Sorry if I missed it in the search. I also didnt see a pinned post.

Is there a list of upgrades for the Mojave EXB? What about suggested builds?

I wish I had done bigger tires right from the start.
Go through your diffs, check for proper shimming and fill as desired. I use 30k 1x lsd action up front, 250k 3x lsd action in the center, and 30k 3x action in the back. This setup gives a bit more throttle induced oversteer than my precious setup without going real thick in the back. Lots of capability to play with setup that can have a tremendous impact on how the truck drives and whether it's hoot or snooze.

Same with suspension. With the bigger tires, I added slightly thicker oil to the shocks. 700cst in all 4 corners up from 550cst stock.

I made a set of custom fenders from spare lexan laying around. It helps keeps rocks out of the chassis.

I am not a proponent of buying parts just to buy parts. There is so much you can change on the car that will give you a better driving experience without spending big money. And. The exb is exceptionally durable. I've not had to replace any suspension or drivetrain parts yet after 8 months. Edit: not entirely true I guess after thinking about it, but the thing is tough as nails. Most durable rc car I've ever had. And I beat on mine.

Not a shelf queen.

IMG_20210718_134143.jpg

I wish I had done bigger tires right from the start.
Go through your diffs, check for proper shimming and fill as desired. I use 30k 1x lsd action up front, 250k 3x lsd action in the center, and 30k 3x action in the back. This setup gives a bit more throttle induced oversteer than my precious setup without going real thick in the back. Lots of capability to play with setup that can have a tremendous impact on how the truck drives and whether it's hoot or snooze.

Same with suspension. With the bigger tires, I added slightly thicker oil to the shocks. 700cst in all 4 corners up from 550cst stock.

I made a set of custom fenders from spare lexan laying around. It helps keeps rocks out of the chassis.

I am not a proponent of buying parts just to buy parts. There is so much you can change on the car that will give you a better driving experience without spending big money. And. The exb is exceptionally durable. I've not had to replace any suspension or drivetrain parts yet after 8 months. Edit: not entirely true I guess after thinking about it, but the thing is tough as nails. Most durable rc car I've ever had. And I beat on mine.

Not a shelf queen.

View attachment 159980
She looks naughty!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back