Mojave Recommended Mojave upgrades, fixes and general information.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
Ok, let’s hear y’all chime in! For those of us new to Arrma, it would be a HUGE help if we had one thread with some basic information for the Mojave such as:
Recommended upgrades
Parts interchangability with other models
Known problems/weak points and the fix
Service recommendations
Any info that a noob needs to know specifically for the Mojave

We already have stickies here for the other 6S BLX models, let’s do it for Mojave too, please!

Any info is helpful!

Last edited:
Haven't needed the hex extenders or m2c yet here maybe I'm too gentle🤔
+1 for motor fan especially in warmer climates or with the aforementioned scorched fenders which I also don't have yet, but running hot without em tells me fan is a definate with.
I'm also not a big fan of the stock skid plates.

100% first thing is M2C hex extenders.

Next is removing the pillow ball washers so every send, you aren't ripping out the dog bones and shredding the diff cups.
^^^+1

Next is removing the pillow ball washers so every send, you aren't ripping out the dog bones and shredding the diff cups.
I hadn’t heard that before, thanks. I’ll have to stare at a suspension schematic tomorrow, I haven’t had it apart yet. What does removing the washers accomplish? Just shorten length? I hadn’t heard of that issue apart from just setting your droop properly.

Please, could you elaborate on this sentence a bit more, or perhaps a picture if you could..

I don't know what a pillow ball washer is and I can't seem to find it in the Mojave part reference either..

https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/xref/arrma-parts-xref-I_ARA7604V2T2.pdf
The little spacer between the a arms and the pillow balls. Just loosen the pillow balls. Take out the spacer and retighten up to the a arms. Upper and lower. First thing i did on my mojave and no popped shafts after some good sized airing out

Last edited:
I don't know what a pillow ball washer is and I can't seem to find it in the Mojave part reference either..

https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/xref/arrma-parts-xref-I_ARA7604V2T2.pdf
You can see it in the interactive exploded parts view here.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/interactive-exploded-view/ARA7204
Note that it is the spacer AR330187, not the A-arm cap AR330645.
This fix was news to me too, and exactly the kind of information I need to learn. Thanks, @The_Otherside and @theekorr !!!

You can see it in the interactive exploded parts view here.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/interactive-exploded-view/ARA7204
Note that it is the spacer AR330187, not the A-arm cap AR330645.
This fix was news to me too, and exactly the kind of information I need to learn. Thanks, @The_Otherside and @theekorr !!!
Sorry but this doesn't make any sense. That little convex plastic washer is designed to prevent having the metal steering ball in contact with the metal aluminium front hub nut. Removing it, only make you wear the steering ball a lot faster and possibly binding the steering due to dust getting trap between the two metal parts.. Perhaps I'm not understanding this right..
The little spacer between the a arms and the pillow balls. Just loosen the pillow balls. Take out the spacer and retighten up the the a arms. Upper and lower. First thing i did on my mojave and no popped shafts after some good sized airing out
Ok now I get it.. Thank you.. The 330187 number is used for several parts in that picture... :rolleyes:

For me, body mounts are a non issue.

I'd add aluminum front hubs high on my list.

Simple upgrade. My stock hubs cracked only after a few crashes.

Me neither running on 4s with a 4082 motor for a while. After switching to a 4985 motor and 6s it didn’t take one full lipo bash for a wheel to come loose😂.
I run 6s also. V1 RTR Mojave. Never had an OE wheel nut/hex issue. I did end up putting in the M2C adapters much later on. Some said the newer Fortress wheel plastic molds solved this problem. I used the M2c adapters only because I got them when I bought the Mojave anticipating this issue like most others did. And they do look nice.:LOL:

The new wheels definitely didn't fix the problem. Lol. The plastic is twice as thick at the hex. Still junk. 😅😅

Washer is here.

Screenshot_20211018-000740_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
What about a quality fan setup? I'm having a hard time believing I need to spend $250 for three fans! The only quote I received was from Fanwercs. I currently have a 40mm fan on the motor and just the stock esc fan. With the fenders and the net I would rather have more airflow.
IMG_0146.JPG

What about a quality fan setup? I'm having a hard time believing I need to spend $250 for three fans! The only quote I received was from Fanwercs. I currently have a 40mm fan on the motor and just the stock esc fan. With the fenders and the net I would rather have more airflow.View attachment 174987
No offense, but if you have the scorched fenders, why bother with the net?
These rigs are made for dirt?
Looks great by the way👍
My mojave looked like that till I dropped it and mashed the trigger😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back