Granite Recommended tires for Granite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aclewis

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Anyone have suggestions on good gripy tires for the granite? I'd like them tolook pretty mean too

Anyone have suggestions on good gripy tires for the granite? I'd like them tolook pretty mean too
Can you elaborate on where you are running your rigs? This will help us give you a better recommendation.

And to give you a little heads up, sometimes a super grippy tire can lead to frustration as they will commonly cause what is called traction roll. This means your Granite will flip over in corners.

If you want a good tire that works well in a lot of environments for the Granite, my vote would be the Badlands MX28 tires.

3E2F5C04-07D1-4BC4-ACEE-B82F2B166D5B.jpeg

Ok thanks, I live out in the country and want to be able to get through snow in the winter time, the main reason I want new ones is for snow and muddy environments

Then get badlands, they will balloon a bit but they will get you through the nastiest of stuff.

Ok thanks, I live out in the country and want to be able to get through snow in the winter time, the main reason I want new ones is for snow and muddy environments
If you want a set of winter tires, try some paddles. Or maybe the Hatchet MT or the Louise equivalent since you’re outside the USA.

It's all good lol, how u thing stock tires would do on snow etc?
Not that great. The stock tires are best in grass and gravel. They didn’t do well for me in loose dirt or light snow. I’ve never ran in deep snow or hard pack. I was really busy with work last winter and didn’t get many days off. The year before I was really new to the hobby and scared to run in water or snow.

Ok, would it be ok if I just leave front tires stock since I have the voltage? And what tires u using On the mega?

Ok, would it be ok if I just leave front tires stock since I have the voltage? And what tires u using On the mega?
Ahhh I missed that too. 2WD is not my forte. My advice would to be not to spend money on a 2WD rig, but that’s just me. I would spend my money on a 4WD rig. ??‍♂️?

We have two voltage models converted to brushless.

We Have used Duratrax on them, one with Lockups and the other Six Pack tires. The Duratrax Six Pack looks like the poor, poor man’s Badlands.

i also have a set of Pro Line Trenchers for sale with the 12mm hex that’ll fit right on the Voltage models. It actually narrows the overall width a little but worked the best out of all that we tried.

they’re for sale as we have moved on from these rigs. $55 and they’re yours.

Attachments

• 255A60E5-7678-4084-83BD-DED34603A8E6.jpeg
    255A60E5-7678-4084-83BD-DED34603A8E6.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 29BA53E4-4FAC-4B32-9B46-D8852A253549.jpeg
    29BA53E4-4FAC-4B32-9B46-D8852A253549.jpeg
    538.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 6A03B8BC-DD03-46A6-89E1-7AA39C5FF4F3.jpeg
    6A03B8BC-DD03-46A6-89E1-7AA39C5FF4F3.jpeg
    467.7 KB · Views: 63
Can you elaborate on where you are running your rigs? This will help us give you a better recommendation.

And to give you a little heads up, sometimes a super grippy tire can lead to frustration as they will commonly cause what is called traction roll. This means your Granite will flip over in corners.

If you want a good tire that works well in a lot of environments for the Granite, my vote would be the Badlands MX28 tires.

View attachment 53167
I like this , looks really aggressive , Any issues with the fitment , I’m in need on replacing tires since my rear left has a side wall slit about an in inch in diameter

Where as this is not a very high speed vehicle I'm not afraid to install these $9 pr. tires or similar from Amazon.
No way am I spending $70+ on tires for a Truck I paid $85.
88699.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back