Typhon Recommended Typhon Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank for your speedy reply but I am going to go with the Savox SW-0230MG Waterproof HV Digital Servo W/FREE ALUMINUM HORN BL instead since I know a lot of people that run this in there 3s ARRMA rigs!
View attachment 76174
Be careful with that aluminum horn. Remember for the 3s/4s truck the servo saver is built into the stock servo horn. With that aluminum horn, all crash stress will be passed right to the servo gears. If you had a Steel Gear servo, it may last a while, but that MG is a brass gear servo. Better than plastic, but still, it will wear out quick with no SS.

Be careful with that aluminum horn. Remember for the 3s/4s truck the servo saver is built into the stock servo horn. With that aluminum horn, all crash stress will be passed right to the servo gears. If you had a Steel Gear servo, it may last a while, but that MG is a brass gear servo. Better than plastic, but still, it will wear out quick with no SS.
Thanks for the tips but since I already bough the Savox SW-0230MG Waterproof HV Digital Servo W/FREE ALUMINUM HORN!! Is there anyway to modify it so all the stress does not go through the servo gears?

Bought a combo 2 3S batteries. Don't fit with the body on unfortunately which I was warned of but didn't listen well enough lol recommendations on batteries? Good 3S packs to run together or single 4 or 6's?

Check out post #9 in thread linked below:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/how-to-raise-rear-of-typhon-body.13047/

You can raise the back of the body fairly easy.. Wich makes room for bigger packs..

This is how high my 2× 3s 6500mah are when stacked on top of each other.. Raised rear body mounts makes my body to fit..

20200422_214540.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back