Kraton Recommended Upgrades for the Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello all,

Recently acquired the kraton v2 and im already lovin' it.

Im already looking forward to the next upgrades and improvements for this monster and was wondering what the most needed and significant changes to make were for the kraton stock out of the box.

I was personally thinking of shocks, bearings, shock oil, tyres perhaps and some GKA upgrades notably the servo mount and chassis brace,

just wanted what your opinions were on these and whether there would be other things to add to this list,

thx

Servo Mount for sure. I have the GKA mount on my Typhon and Outcast and the Voltage one on myt Kraton. Hot racing makes one too. Can't go wrong with either one. I snapped a chasis brace and replaced both with the Hot Racing braces. Also have Tekno shocks too. I got those mainly because it was hard finding the shock shafts for the stock shocks, the Tekno shafts are before though. Not to mention the Tekno shocks are sooooooooooo smooth..... sorry, had a flashback of my Kraton on the beach yesterday taking bumps like they weren't even there.

As for the esc and motor, those were changed out too. I bought myt Kraton off of EBay. It's a V1 that was literally only ran twice. I replaced the motor with a 2000kv leopard 1492 and the esc with a Hobbywing Max8. Servo is a Savox 1236 I think (don't have it in front of me at the moment) with I think 500oz of torque.

I also have the Rpm skid plate for the rear and RPM front bumper. For tires I run the stocks, or some HPI dirt claws. I have some Proline Trencher X tires, but to me they are just too heavy. Only ran them once and they have been sitting in my pitbox ever since.

That's what I have done to my Kraton. I pretty much bought all of my upgrades before i even took it out. Except for the chasis braces, I actually hit a curb backwards and didn't find out it was broke until I brought it back inside. But it runs like a champ, and it is really smooth. I've attached a pic of how it looks as it sits now. Oh yeah, one last thing..... I'll be upgrading the bearings over the winter on it.

Attachments

• 20170626_173425.jpg
    20170626_173425.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 101
On my v2 I have:

- Voltage Hobbies servo mount (stock is flexible and will prematurely destroy your servo)
- Savox 1210SG servo (see above)
- Fast Eddie sealed bearings (stock bearings are open and prone to influx of dirt)
- Tekno 14T hardened pinion
- Tekno ET48.3 shocks and standoffs (4mm shafts and serious shock ends that aren't as prone to bending as stock)
- Mugen shimmed diffs - Tuned with appropriate oils (necessary on most RC's)
- Outcast Battery Tray (Protects batteries from spur damage and also is just a better design)
- Outcast wheelie bar (protection)
- GKA Chassis braces (strength)
- RPM bumper and rear skid (protection)
- Hobbywing C4 heatsink and cooler
- Reinforced shell (Gorilla tape and Shoe Goo)

Not all necessary but it's a starter for 10.

Last edited:
On my v2 I have:

- Voltage Hobbies servo mount (stock is flexible and will prematurely destroy your servo)
- Savox 1210SG servo (see above)
- Fast Eddie sealed bearings (stock bearings are open and prone to influx of dirt)
- Tekno ET48.3 shocks and standoffs (4mm shafts and serious shock ends that aren't as prone to bending as stock)
- Mugen shimmed diffs - Tuned with appropriate oils (necessary on most RC's)
- Outcast Battery Tray (Protects batteries from spur damage and also is just a better design)
- Outcast wheelie bar (protection)
- GKA Chassis braces (strength)
- RPM bumper and rear skid (protection)
- Hobbywing C4 heatsink and cooler
- Reinforced shell (Gorilla tape and Shoe Goo)

Not all necessary but it's a starter for 10.
Agree on most parts but i would go for the tbr wheelie bar....veery flexible and imo alot better protection...not for the wing but for any bad rear landings

Definitely need a good hardened pinion (Robinson Racing). I have all the other stuff mentioned above. Highly recommend the HR aluminum diff cup for center diff especially. I use the Outcast wheelie wheel piece, and T-bone rear bumper with RPM front. Tekno shocks are awesome. Definitely need Tekno springs at least, stock springs are trash.

Have any of you guys had problems with the steering rods, mine popped out earlier today, did manage to fix it though, wondering if there were upgrades for these to?

Have any of you guys had problems with the steering rods, mine popped out earlier today, did manage to fix it though, wondering if there were upgrades for these to?

It's strange to me how easily they could pop off, but never had an issue. Maybe a fail-safe?

I too have had a similar problem with my steering rods popping off, so I will be ordering off of eBay a set of red aluminum links advertised to fit the Kraton. Hope they work because I'd hate to have to buy a Traxxas product to put on my Kraton. I wish Hot Racing would come out with some nice links, maybe I shall send them an email with a suggestion to put them on there to do list.

I too have had a similar problem with my steering rods popping off, so I will be ordering off of eBay a set of red aluminum links advertised to fit the Kraton. Hope they work because I'd hate to have to buy a Traxxas product to put on my Kraton. I wish Hot Racing would come out with some nice links, maybe I shall send them an email with a suggestion to put them on there to do list.
Alum links always scare me. Other than the traxxas hollow tubes ive used on my erevo, ive broken every alum susoension link ive ever used. Hope they work out for you...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back