Recording on your phone quick fix.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTJ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Just thought I would share some pics of a cheap way to record your bashing/breaking antics!

I don't have the luxury of a Go Pro or anything like so i had to think of something to hold my phone whilst driving. I bought the mini octopus from ebay for £3 and strapped it on my radio with a Traxxas velcro battery strap (or whatever you have) and boom jobs a good one. The legs bend if need be but the best way was to strap them on flat. The bit that holds your phone rotates 360 degrees as well which is handy!

Just thought I would share with all the folks that might be struggling like me ?

20200106_144604.jpg
20200106_144619.jpg
20200106_144612.jpg

Last edited:
Nice ..?? and best of, if you have a high end phone you be able to record 4k etc etc..?

Who needs a GoPro ..???

Nice ..?? and best of, if you have a high end phone you be able to record 4k etc etc..?

Who needs a GoPro ..???

Yeah I have the Samsung 9 plus it records really well ?

I'm sure loads of you have amazing setups for your channel but, if you're like me I thought this might help. Oh, if you don't have battery strap you can pick them up for a few pound on ebay. Just remember to get one that fits around the base of your radio and tightens really well! The phone holder you get with it will hold most smart phones and it holds them pretty tight!

Similar idea using a very inexpensive windshield suction cup mount. Could be mounted on the bottom in a similar way, but like it where it's easily viewed so I can keep the truck in the frame. I Only use the radio mount for short Instagram clips. A head mount, even for your phone, will have a better recording as your head follows the rc in a more natural way.
20190518_222534.jpg

Similar idea using a very inexpensive windshield suction cup mount. Could be mounted on the bottom in a similar way, but like it where it's easily viewed so I can keep the truck in the frame. I Only use the radio mount for short Instagram clips. A head mount, even for your phone, will have a better recording as your head follows the rc in a more natural way. View attachment 62827
If you want that cinematic feel, you could mount that clip to the bottom of your radio. Get that low down on the rig level footage. ????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back