Kraton Red blinking ESC at wits end

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinetica

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
There seems to be a lot of this type of symptom and I've tried many of the suggestions to no avail. Still waiting on support to respond but figured I'd ask in case someone can suggest something else to try.

I picked up my Kraton today and when batteries were first connected I did have throttle control and steering after I bound the TX to the RX. I had trouble getting the RX cap back on correctly so I ended up taking out the entire RX box and unplugging the RX to figure out why the cap wasn't going on. After I figured that out I reinstalled the RX and now when turning the car on all I see are flashing red LED on the ESC, throttle control doesn't work but steering does. I have not actually driven it, just a few throttle blips going through the original setup.

1. Resetting the TX does not help.
2. Tried factory resetting the ESC per instructions but this doesn't seem to work, holding the set button down for 4 seconds after turning car on does not show a red/green LED like stated.
3. I have tried following throttle setup to no avail, it appears it goes into setup but for the neutral point when I hit the set button it does not switch to set forward and then reverse, set button doesn't do anything.
4. The two cables going into the RX are same as before, the shorter of the two cables are connected to the "B" row of pins and the second longer cable is connected to the "1" row of pins.

That's the same problem I'm having..no throttle response but i have steering..but what i don't understand and i guess that's the frustrating part is that i wasn't running it..once i tried to bind the receiver the esc has been blinking red ever since..but i will be taking it into my lhs to see if they can help..will post results..

That's the same problem I'm having..no throttle response but i have steering...
Tell me, what pins on your receiver are plugged i to? Short cable on "battery" and longer cable on "1" or 1 and 2?

GOT IT..we're back up and running..was watching a video on how to setup the esc on a outcast (even though i have a kraton ) but it worked so i thought it may help..with everything off push the set button then turn car on..it should start a constant beeping and red flashes..release set button..now turn on the transmitter the esc should beep once..go to full throttle on the transmitter then push the set button the esc should beep twice..go to full brake then press the set button the esc should beep three times...turn car off..turn car back on and check throttle response..well that's what i did and it worked hope it helps..

Yeah that's my problem, I've tried the throttle setup multiple times and it goes into programming mode fine but hitting the set button to set after that doesn't do anything. Can you confirm how the wires are plugged into your receiver?

Its been a while but I believe, Servo plugs in #1, ESC plugs in #2. White (signal) wire goes towards the notch beside the pins.

It's working now! Wires were plugged into wrong pins, I had tried different combinations but apparently not the correct one. I had short one in bat and the other on 1, putting them into 2 and 3 then allowed me to properly enter throttle setup.

It's working now! Wires were plugged into wrong pins, I had tried different combinations but apparently not the correct one. I had short one in bat and the other on 1, putting them into 2 and 3 then allowed me to properly enter throttle setup.
Remember 1 to turn 2 to burn black wire towards the outside of the receiver.

I had that problem a while back on my v2 talion. Ended up sending it back and getting replacement. Bought hobbywing xr8 pro while waiting. I tried everything before sending it back. I've had 2 kratons since then with no issues. I've seen this problem on the forum multiple times and if it's not your throttle trim then looks like ya better ship it out!!! Hope that helps

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back