RED blinking esc help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They same thing is happening with my esc too. Does it turn on and do the whole beeping thing and then just flashes red?

Why are there pins sticking out of that connector?

is the receiver and transmitter on?
The things sticking out don't matter anymore I installed a completely new ESC. Yes, the transmitter is on? Could the batteries be dead on it? The light still turns on.
They same thing is happening with my esc too. Does it turn on and do the whole beeping thing and then just flashes red?
Yep, it does the sequence then it just flashes red.

That is so weird. I legit started a thread about the same thing like an hour ago. Do you think there maybe is just a bad batch coming out of the factory?

Go to East Tactics you tube. He is awell know forum member and gie to his everything you need to know about ESC. He will answer back quick most times.
Or message him thtough this forum

Numerous threads about these pos spektrum esc's.

Contacted Horizon Hobby they sent me a new ESC and the same issue prevails, they are now sending me a motor, but that is on backorder till March does anyone else have any ideas or solutions?
You could have asked for this motor. They have stock. Same 2050 KV. 4 pole. Same price. Basically the v4 pre-Firma motor. A drop in replacement.
The Firma is due Feb. still on B/O. Its anyones guess when it will actually arrive. You could always "buy a motor". You have no real options here.

I would call HH and ask when they will get the Firma motor and IF you could get the Arrma V4 version instead. Again, the same motor. Just not Firma labeled. An Arrma label.
How long do you want to wait is the question?? Maybe others here will agree? IDK.:cool:

ARRMA BLX3660 3200kV Brushless 10th 4-Pole Motor: 4x4 | Horizon Hobby

Red blinking ESC means that the receiver did not bind to the transmitter. Check your receiver, disconnect the steering servo and try again.
So many bad servos lately dragging the BEC voltage down and preventing the receiver from working.

You could have asked for this motor. They have stock. Same 2050 KV. 4 pole. Same price. Basically the v4 pre-Firma motor. A drop in replacement.
The Firma is due Feb. still on B/O. Its anyones guess when it will actually arrive. You could always "buy a motor". You have no real options here.

I would call HH and ask when they will get the Firma motor and IF you could get the Arrma V4 version instead. Again, the same motor. Just not Firma labeled. An Arrma label.
How long do you want to wait is the question?? Maybe others here will agree? IDK.:cool:

ARRMA BLX3660 3200kV Brushless 10th 4-Pole Motor: 4x4 | Horizon Hobby
I took apart the motor yesterday and everything looked ok. All the wiring look fine and the magnets were ok.

I took apart the motor yesterday and everything looked ok. All the wiring look fine and the magnets were ok.

Check the bearings and ensure they roll smooth and that there is no play in the shaft at the pinion end. Sounds OK though.

Do you have other receivers or servos to test with? Does the ESC settings menu work? Have you reset the ESC and done throttle calibration? It will do startup beeps and then flash if you have changed anything and not calibrated your throttle end points and neutral.

Be careful, it may be the stock servo that fried the receiver.
Ok so mine also blinks red does the whole beep thing and then goes straight to red flashing I’ve tried recalibrating and it does nothing doesn’t even pop a green light to save the setting when you do the full throttle and everything and my steering servo works so wouldn’t that make it the ecs and yes i have reset the ecs

Make sure that dual rate is at 100% and throttle trim at zero before you calibrate. Above thread is 2 years old, start a new one if above doesn't apply.
Would need some details on how this started, pictures and description of the issue.

So literally I had this car running 3 months have new battery for it went to go turn it on and this happened it won’t even calibrate I turn it on it counts how many cells 3s btw then does the two beeps and then red flashing light have steering but no throttle I’ve reset it charged up the battery still nothing idk at this point what kinda if photos you want?
So literally I had this car running 3 months have new battery for it went to go turn it on and this happened it won’t even calibrate I turn it on it counts how many cells 3s btw then does the two beeps and then red flashing light have steering but no throttle I’ve reset it charged up the battery still nothing idk at this point

Unplug steering servo and try again.
All trim at zero and D/R at 100%?

Blinking red indicates your ESC input signal is bad. Older servos are known to cause these problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back