Raider Red cat shedder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twoteccs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
New toy

058C46DF-5070-4EEE-9EBC-51F2CAE071E0.jpeg

Impressive looking. I was gonna get one. Then I found out that it only has a 80a ESC and can only run 4s. Imagine that! A 1/6 scale 26 inch long monster truck with only a 80a ESC and runs on 4s. I guess that's why it is as cheap as it is.

Impressive looking. I was gonna get one. Then I found out that it only has a 80a ESC and can only run 4s. Imagine that! A 1/6 scale 26 inch long monster truck with only a 80a ESC and runs on 4s. I guess that's why it is as cheap as it is.
I’m gona put my 150 esc in it

The 150a ESC will be pretty nice in that truck. It just sucks to buy a RTR truck then immediately have to throw new electronics in it for it to run the way it should. Good luck with it.

How is the rest of the truck built? Are the diffs solid? Shocks, shock towers, chassis? I only ask cause, like I said earlier, I was gonna buy one at one point. Just didn't wanna automatically put a couple hundred into it to get it to run right.

The 150a ESC will be pretty nice in that truck. It just sucks to buy a RTR truck then immediately have to throw new electronics in it for it to run the way it should. Good luck with it.

How is the rest of the truck built? Are the diffs solid? Shocks, shock towers, chassis? I only ask cause, like I said earlier, I was gonna buy one at one point. Just didn't wanna automatically put a couple hundred into it to get it to run right.
The diffs have a lot of play so I Shem them and thrr fine now the shocks need some heavy oil and thrrr fine the tire are trash but for the price the size I love it a tank

I looked one over pretty good at our LHS. It seems delicate to me. Might be awesome for street and light speed bashing, but I don't think it'll survive too many big sends.

I haven’t jumped it but I watch a 100 videos on YouTube b4 I got and a lot them said it was thrr favorite jumper

The diffs have a lot of play so I Shem them and thrr fine now the shocks need some heavy oil and thrrr fine the tire are trash but for the price the size I love it a tank
Also be aware that the specs say it has a 80a ESC but I believe it has a Hobbywing EZRun WP SC8 which is a 120a ESC. So that is a good thing. Still not enough for a 1/6 truck but better than a 80a ESC.

I had a Shredder once. I was a rookie driver - 4S was good for me -
and it was fun to drive, at least for the first 4 hours till it broke. I packed it up and sent it back for a full refund.
I tried out a red cat volcano for a few days. Nice looking truck and cheap…but complexish to work on and had shiny softish plastics. Clipping a rock at low speed was enough to smash up that side, cracking several parts and stripping screws from holes.
I warranty returned it and got an Arrma granite.

Then it's definitely a 120a 4s ESC.
I tried out a red cat volcano for a few days. Nice looking truck and cheap…but complexish to work on and had shiny softish plastics. Clipping a rock at low speed was enough to smash up that side, cracking several parts and stripping screws from holes.
I warranty returned it and got an Arrma granite.
You're definitely better off with the Granite. Redcat's whole deal is providing a hobby grade RC at an affordable price. But to do that they use cheap parts and you actually end up spending more money to make them right than you would spend if you bought a new Arrma.

Then it's definitely a 120a 4s ESC.

You're definitely better off with the Granite. Redcat's whole deal is providing a hobby grade RC at an affordable price. But to do that they use cheap parts and you actually end up spending more money to make them right than you would spend if you bought a new Arrma.
Oh hell yeah. I have made a slow progression. A couple WILTOYS at first years ago, then Holyton and other Amazon cheapies last year. The red cat was to be my upgrade to a real rc…I am very glad it broke and I found Arrma. Have a granite, 3 volteges and a big rock coming Father’s Day.

Yea but a 1/6 arrma gona be 1000 dollars shredder 360 Shem the diffs change tires and it’s good

Oh hell yeah. I have made a slow progression. A couple WILTOYS at first years ago, then Holyton and other Amazon cheapies last year. The red cat was to be my upgrade to a real rc…I am very glad it broke and I found Arrma. Have a granite, 3 volteges and a big rock coming Father’s Day.
You're gonna love the Big Rock. I made mine extremely fast and durable as hell. I beat the $hit out if it and nothing breaks. I do have a bunch of upgrades though. But even when it was stock it was pretty damn tough. Parts would break, but it was mostly my fault.
Yea but a 1/6 arrma gona be 1000 dollars shredder 360 Shem the diffs change tires and it’s good
No, it's not good. Still has inefficient electronics, still made out of cheap plastic. Arrma uses a different plastic that is pretty strong. The Shredder still only has 17mm wheel hexes, as an example. For a 1/6 truck that is very small and weak. Kraton 8s uses a 24mm hex. It would take a lot of money to make the Shredder a "good" or proper 1/6 scale RC truck.

Last edited:
😂 okay.
You're gonna love the Big Rock. I made mine extremely fast and durable as hell. I beat the $hit out if it and nothing breaks. I do have a bunch of upgrades though. But even when it was stock it was pretty damn tough. Parts would break, but it was mostly my fault.

No, it's not good. Still has inefficient electronics, still made out of cheap plastic. Arrma uses a different plastic that is pretty strong. The Shredder still only has 17mm wheel hexes, as an example. For a 1/6 truck that is very small and weak. Kraton 8s uses a 24mm hex. It would take a lot of money to make the Shredder a "good" or proper 1/6 scale RC truck.
I know I’m gonna love the big rock and can’t wait!! Once my granite is converted to brushless…hell, I’ll have of the best of both 3s chassis worlds. Since I like working on these beastie things as much as driving I will enjoy upgrading the big rock as well. Luckily my wife views this as ‘therapy’ and promotes it ❤️ She is the one getting me the big rock for Father’s Day after all.
A typhoon is next on the list. She doesn’t know this yet but I am positive she will approve (as long as it’s next year).

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back