Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Redcat BE6S motor change?

Discussion in 'Other RC's' started by joostin420, Apr 29, 2018.

1. joostin420

joostin420 Well-Known Member

the esc/motor combo installed is a HW max8 with 4274 2200kv. I am running the stock 47t spur with 19t pinion. Love the speed and performance but this motor gets incredibly hot. I don’t want to really destroy the motor - overgeared for the motor I’m sure...

Maybe the HW 4274 2200kv is just not efficient; the batteries even get warm. Running 2x Venom LiPo 3S 11.1V 5200mAh 50C. The max8 esc doesn’t shutdown by thermal just LVC which is very abrupt; I am guessing it is set fairly high.

I do have a castle 1515 2200kv; would this be any better?

2. Paultro84

Paultro84 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Outcast
    I would try a 16 tooth pinion on it and check the temps.

3. joostin420

Can’t go backwards now :p

Went up to the 19t from the start. I have not heard anyone else say anything about the motor heat with 19-20t pinion - it is definitely hotter than I would like... I don’t mind if the motor eventually fails, but more concerned about the batteries getting quite warm.

I may swap over to xt90 connectors and ditch the deans also.

4. joostin420

Nope not LVC... thermaling. Checked tonight while running earlier. May have to move ahead and try the castle mm2 and 1515 2200kv motor.

Iamtheoutcast likes this.
  5. GhostProtocol

GhostProtocol Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Typhon
    I have the TRMT8E 4S version and I run a 19t pinion. Haven't had an issue with overheating so far. By the way, Redcat has a TRMT8E V2 coming out at the end of June. It's 6S but does not have all of the upgrades of the BE6S. Looks to be a beast though. I found out about it when I was scouring the Redcat website last night.

http://www.redcatracing.com/Team-Redcat-TR-MT8E-V2?sc=17&category=32356

6. joostin420

The esc definitely thermals on me and the motor gets super hot.

The motor mount and shock towers alone are worth the additional cost of the be6s. I don’t think it was much more than their msrp of that one.

I have only added a T-Bone center skid plate and upgraded the tie rods to arrma nero ones. I plan on replacing the aluminum shock towers with carbon fiber when I have time. It is my go-to rc right now when i go anywhere. That may change though when I configure my Kraton project this weekend, and finish the xmaxx.

#6 joostin420, May 18, 2018 at 7:01 AM
    Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 7:15 AM
  7. GhostProtocol

Arrma RC's:
    Typhon
    Nice. I've been eyeing the BE6S for a while and I'll probably pick one up after some other purchases. The TR-MT8E has been a rock-solid platform.

8. Zoodles95

Zoodles95 Member

What companies make upgrades for the BE6S?

It is on my hit list for future RCS. I a eyeing up the Talion for my next RC but the BE6S is a beast and a good deal for the way it comes

9. GhostProtocol

Arrma RC's:
    Typhon
    Teamredcatshop.com has some upgrades for it.

10. joostin420

Iamtheoutcast likes this.
  11. GhostProtocol

Arrma RC's:
    Typhon
    As a side note, my older sibling picked up the Redcat Shredder V2 the other day. It's very nice with a large chassis that's literally begging to be upgraded with all of the available space. I hope Redcat makes a newer buggy version of the Shredder like they have in the past.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer