Redcat Volcano-16 1/16th scale brushed monster truck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, our original two are still providing tons of fun. I've added fast Eddy and Boca bearing (fast Eddy didn't carry the larger ones) and put all the standard metal drivetrain upgrades in. I just ordered a 3rd to use as a backup. The first one to have an electronics failure gets a full upgraded kit with brushless, servi, and better radio. I think a 20kg servi is overkill. The one in there is closer to a 9kg micro in size which is what I have for our replacements.
Nice! A couple of the flaws with the truck:
1. The servo doesn't hold zero It tends to swerve all over the place when trying to hit that skinny jump.
2. The reciever/radio gets messed up. Every once in a while, when you turn left, zoon!! backwards it goes. Or when you give it a little throttle, backwards. Warranty sent a new radio, 1 week later, same thing.
3. Headlights are pretty much pointless IMHO. They break and don't give off much light.

Overall, I think the truck is worth the price. (y) I just can't wait to brushlessify it.

Nice! A couple of the flaws with the truck:
1. The servo doesn't hold zero It tends to swerve all over the place when trying to hit that skinny jump.
2. The reciever/radio gets messed up. Every once in a while, when you turn left, zoon!! backwards it goes. Or when you give it a little throttle, backwards. Warranty sent a new radio, 1 week later, same thing.
3. Headlights are pretty much pointless IMHO. They break and don't give off much light.

Overall, I think the truck is worth the price. (y) I just can't wait to brushlessify it.

I've found that 1 & 2 are usually the result of a low battery. A few minutes after the radio starts to act up the ESC shuts down. Ours got considerably better after changing battery connectors.

FYI:
Steering links that fit - Aluminum and stainless adjustable turnbuckles.
Battery Connectors - Amass T-Connectors with space to grip and solder/terminal covers.

I've found that 1 & 2 are usually the result of a low battery. A few minutes after the radio starts to act up the ESC shuts down. Ours got considerably better after changing battery connectors.

FYI:
Steering links that fit - Aluminum and stainless adjustable turnbuckles.
Battery Connectors - Amass T-Connectors with space to grip and solder/terminal covers.
I'll check those out, thanks!

Is it possible that one of you gentleman could get me the dimensions of the tires width and outer diameter? I cannot seem to find the tire dimensions listed anywhere.

Yeah, I can do that when I get home.
You Da Man GIF by MOODMAN

They are not all that bad. I have two of them myself for my kids. I've had a blast with them as well and are pretty durable. To me for the price point I think they are pretty darn good. Lots of upgrades available and for being brushed they get pretty good speed. All in all they aren't to bad really. The kids love them.

They are not all that bad. I have two of them myself for my kids. I've had a blast with them as well and are pretty durable. To me for the price point I think they are pretty darn good. Lots of upgrades available and for being brushed they get pretty good speed. All in all they aren't to bad really. The kids love them.
Yes fun little thing. My son got sooo happy when we upgraded the shocks. I also have the upgraded drivetrain for it that will make him even happier.:)

Yes fun little thing. My son got sooo happy when we upgraded the shocks. I also have the upgraded drivetrain for it that will make him even happier.:)
Yeah I did the shocks on one of mine too the axles as well but they seemed to bind a bit when the shocks are fully compressed. But fun none the less . My 6 year old actually loves the noto and the bigrock more than her personal one. I just get nervous with the power. But she actually drives them really well compared to her brother who likes to just go full tilt all the time and not steer lol.

Yeah I did the shocks on one of mine too the axles as well but they seemed to bind a bit when the shocks are fully compressed. But fun none the less . My 6 year old actually loves the noto and the bigrock more than her personal one. I just get nervous with the power. But she actually drives them really well compared to her brother who likes to just go full tilt all the time and not steer lol.
Great to hear! My son just loves to launch his off of a tree stump in the yard and hope for a good landing. hahaha
My son is definitely NOT ready for more power. He would be full tilt into stuff just to see what happens! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I got one of these little trucks for my Son Christmas 2020. He's been driving it weekly ever sense. This little truck does not break. He's 3 and drives it on the lowest speed. On high speed this little bugger is fast! My only complaint with it is it will randomly move. It'll be sitting still then all of a sudden take off at full speed. I am thinking the failsafe needs to be reset. The remote is super cheap. I would like to upgrade to a stand alone esc, receiver, motor, servo combo. I don't like the 2 in 1 esc receiver. Other than that its a great little truck.

I got one of these little trucks for my Son Christmas 2020. He's been driving it weekly ever sense. This little truck does not break. He's 3 and drives it on the lowest speed. On high speed this little bugger is fast! My only complaint with it is it will randomly move. It'll be sitting still then all of a sudden take off at full speed. I am thinking the failsafe needs to be reset. The remote is super cheap. I would like to upgrade to a stand alone esc, receiver, motor, servo combo. I don't like the 2 in 1 esc receiver. Other than that its a great little truck.
Those 2 in 1 units are just awful seems like people always have nothing but issues with them.

Hey has anyone made theirs brushless with a castle 0808 motor yet?

I belive it would, but why does castle say not to run in over 2lbs cars? It works fine in my 2.8lbs mini t

I belive it would, but why does castle say not to run in over 2lbs cars? It works fine in my 2.8lbs mini t

Idk same goes for their mini escs.
How does your Mini T weigh 2.8lbs? My EMB-1 only weights 2.1lbs. I don't even think my EMB-T weighs that much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back