Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Redoing a Mojave

Discussion in 'Fury & Mojave' started by Stack15, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Stack15

Stack15 Well-Known Member
    ArrmaForum Fan

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Granite, Kraton, Mojave, Talion, Typhon, Voltage, 4x4-Mega
    D9AF015E-5F0F-4A84-8D76-2219D1779DE8.jpeg In an attempt to further understand how this all works, I picked up a Mojave on eBay for $73 shipped. It looks to be in good cosmetic condition but really don’t know if it works. I will need to add a transmitter and receiver... but I have done that twice now, it isn’t too hard at all.

I also purchased a hobby Power brushless motor and esc combo off of amazon for $40.

Hobbypower Waterproof 60A ESC Blushless Speed Controller & 3660 3300KV 4-Poles Motor for 1/10 RC Car Boat https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079L65H9Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_WBfuBbXJN1PY8

And I purchased a metal diff gear and idler set off of eBay. My intention is to make this a brushless Mojave. And if that works okay I plan on copying the same setup for my Fury.

Questions:
    Is there anything else I need to go ahead and order? Gears? Pinion?
    Has anyone else tried that esc and motor combo?

#1 Stack15, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  2. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

@Stack15 I'd recommend tearing it down and going through it all to give it a good once over.

3. Stack15

ArrmaForum Fan

Arrma RC's:
    I have noticed that the stock gears in the Mojave are 48p 87T spur and 48p 18T pinion.

I would like to change these to match the fury BLX which is in 32p - 15T pinion and 57T Spur.

Other than needing different slipper pads - are there other hidden parts I would need to change if I swapped to the 32p gears?

4. Stack15

ArrmaForum Fan

Arrma RC's:
    I am also missing the battery retaining pin. I searched the Mojave parts list and cannot locate it. I tried the ones from my fury and raider blx and they do not fit. The only part on the parts list appears to be for the fixed side of the swinging battery door.

Does anyone know where I can find the retaining pin? Do I need to order a battery box assembly? If so... bummer.

I don’t think this is it but it is all I can find.

Attached Files:

5. mrbelloso

mrbelloso Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
  6. Stack15

ArrmaForum Fan

Arrma RC's:
    Thank you but that’s the wrong part. It fits the fury, vortexs, raider and I think the granite (non 4x4, non voltage).

I tried that part from my fury it does not fit. Also tried from a 1/10 raider and a 1/8 raider. Doesn’t fit. Doh.

I plan on “solving” the problem with a machine screw with a body clip on one end. That’s the best idea so far. I am just confused how the part is not on the parts list.

7. Unusual RC

Unusual RC Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Mojave
    This is a first generation Mojave, with the so called 2011 chassis.
    Make sure you do the differential upgrade by rebuilding it with a differential maintenance kit from Arrma.
    On brushless AND brushed this will break very soon! A known issue fo that model.
    Make sure the parts of the diff housing are equal to that of the 2014 model!

8. Stack15

ArrmaForum Fan

Arrma RC's:
    2978C80F-A804-49FF-8E66-F53DDCD81969.png Thank you for the information. I do have what I believe is a “diff kit” - please see the picture. I don’t know if it’s the right one though. Apparently I am getting into more than I thought with this one.

I mean, wow 2011! It’s an OG. I am surprised it still works fine.

9. Stack15

ArrmaForum Fan

Arrma RC's:
    3E6C4162-8C4B-40AE-B0DC-98813F21B348.png Upon further review, I think this is what you were telling me to get. Now I am not even sure what that other part is.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer