Reefs Triple 5 Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harleyflyer

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
These seem like really nice servos as it relates to torque and smoothness after watching a review. What are people’s experiences with these? What about longevity?

The price doesn't grab me. Better options for better price out there. Hopefully others who have can chime in.

Hardcore crawler enthusiasts love them. But for bashing an Arrma I'd stick to a cheaper brand. I have a few Savox servos in larger vehicles and use JX in my 1/10th rigs.

Hardcore crawler enthusiasts love them. But for bashing an Arrma I'd stick to a cheaper brand. I have a few Savox servos in larger vehicles and use JX in my 1/10th rigs.
I may go with a Savox 1210 which is the other servo I was considering. It seems to have pretty good torque and is waterproof. Thanks for the feedback guys.

2 Savox 1210's purchased together let me down. One in my Crawler, one in my OC. Noisey and struggled to center out the box. Savox Warranty no help at all.
Just my one experience. I have one other Savox model in my MT410 and it is ok. I wont chance buying Savox anymore. There are so many cheaper choices.

Slow running Crawlers may appear to be much easier on servos. Not true at all. I can easily destroy any servo in my Crawlers if I don't control servo stalling. Very easily burning out any decent servo. Servo stall is much more prevalent in Crawlers. Stall torque specs matter in any type of rig. Just my thoughts. triple5 Is fine for any rig. But if I have money burning a hole in my wallet, Promodeler servos all the way in any of my rigs.

That’s unfortunate on the Savox servos! Decisions....decisions. I’ve been running around in circles. ? Hope to make a decision soon...thanks for the information!

Take a chance on whatever your gut tells you. It may work for you. My bad experience just means that nothing is perfect regardless of price sometimes. I am probably not even representative of the typical Savox 1210 user. Seems most like them. Savox USA did not step up with their warranty with me. I took the $150. loss for the 2 servos on the chin. Never again though. I went a different route. Savox is not the only game around.

Last edited:
Take a chance on whatever your gut tells you. It may work for you. My bad experience just means that nothing is perfect regardless of price sometimes. I am probably not even representative of the typical Savox 1210 user. Seems most like them. Savox USA did not step up with their warranty with me. I went a different route. Savox is not the only game around.

I think you have a good perspective. I do appreciate the feedback

30+ years into surface RC and you get lemons sometimes. Even with the $popular$ recommended stuff. It just happens. Happens with many things we buy around the home. Easy to get gun shy and never buy that brand or product again.

My Savox 1230sg (non-waterproof) performs flawlessly. I used conformal coating and waterproofed it myself. It's my first Savox and used in my MT410. Despite having a lot of mileage, runs like new. The 2 1210's were lemons out the box for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back