Regarding typhon 3s fans+heatsink

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sMoKeN

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Does anyone happen to know of any dual fans i can put on my typhon 3s? Not sure of the exact size needed, or the max volts can be used for fans. Any input is welcome. Thank you

Does anyone happen to know of any dual fans i can put on my typhon 3s? Not sure of the exact size needed, or the max volts can be used for fans. Any input is welcome. Thank you
I put 2 yeah racing 30mm fans on my 3s typhon heatsink side by side but they hung over the edges on both sides by a 1/4 inch so you could only mount them with two screws. I decided to go back to one 30mm ball bearing tornado yeah racing fan. I centered it and secured it with four stainless steel screws instead of the factory butter ones. It keeps the motor super cool and ain’t going anywhere. I highly recommend the yeah racing ball bearing tornado plastic fans. Only 12 bucks and perform better than advertised. They are rated as 5 volt fans but I wired it to my bec which is 6 volts and 0 issues. good luck bro

Last edited:
I put 2 yeah racing 30mm fans on my 3s typhon heatsink side by side but they hung over the edges on both sides by a 1/4 inch so you could only mount them with two screws. I decided to go back to one 30mm ball bearing tornado yeah racing fan. I centered it and secured it with four stainless steel screws instead of the factory butter ones. It keeps the motor super cool and ain’t going anywhere. I highly recommend the yeah racing ball bearing tornado plastic fans. Only 12 bucks and perform better than advertised
+1 using this method. One high power fan is more than enough on the 3s motor.
So you just installed it where the stock one went? What size pinion do you run by chance?
I know you asked the other guy, but just so you know, I ran stock pinion and a 20t without heat issues

I put 2 yeah racing 30mm fans on my 3s typhon heatsink side by side but they hung over the edges on both sides by a 1/4 inch so you could only mount them with two screws. I decided to go back to one 30mm ball bearing tornado yeah racing fan. I centered it and secured it with four stainless steel screws instead of the factory butter ones. It keeps the motor super cool and ain’t going anywhere. I highly recommend the yeah racing ball bearing tornado plastic fans. Only 12 bucks and perform way better than advertised. They are rated as 5 volt fans but I wired it to my bec which is 6 volts and 0 issues. good luck bro
Thank you, was initially looking at this one
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FJ9QD8...abc_080FFRFNQSG5RPGC7QF6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Exactly where the stock fan was. It’s a perfect fit and one is all you need. I’m running the stock 15 tooth pinion because my typhon is in the process of becoming a track weapon only. Nothing against it but just I’m not into bashing or speed runs. I just ran a compete 5000ma 3s pack through it yesterday then took the body off when lvc kicked in. The motor can was warm as it should be but I could hold my finger on it indefinitely without getting burned and that was running only one fan. good luck bro

Exactly where the stock fan was. It’s a perfect fit and one is all you need. I’m running the stock 15 tooth pinion because my typhon is in the process of becoming a track weapon only. Nothing against it but just I’m not into bashing or speed runs. I just ran a compete 5000ma 3s pack through it yesterday then took the body off when lvc kicked in. The motor can was warm as it should be but I could hold my finger on it indefinitely without getting burned and that was running only one fan
I run two of them on all my 6s motors. I bought the aluminum bodied ones as they take way more abuse than the plastic versions. Two of these fans running side by side mounted on cheap heat sinks, is enough to keep my motors cool in even the most gruelling speed runs I do now.

Awesome, I love bashing. I wanna put maybe a 17t or 18t pinion in it. Just after running a pack it gets hot gotta let it cool. So I figure if I could somehow get two to work on it, it would help drastically

Awesome, I love bashing. I wanna put maybe a 17t or 18t pinion in it. Just after running a pack it gets hot gotta let it cool. So I figure if I could somehow get two to work on it, it would help drastically
The only bashing I do is in my front yard grass track when it’s dry but to each his own. If you want to run anything other than a 13,15,20 or 26 pinion you’ll need an adjustable motor mount plate or be really good with a deemed and know how to set gear mesh properly because the stock one is predrilled for those 4 specific sizes only. 17 or 18 is a good choice and would be ideal but I’m still running the stock motor mount plate, don’t have a dremel don’t know sheet about setting gear mesh. good luck bro

The only bashing I do is in my front yard grass track when it’s dry but to each his own. If you want to run anything other than a 13,15,20 or 26 pinion you’ll need an adjustable motor mount plate or be really good with a deemed and know how to set gear mesh properly because the stock one is predrilled for those 4 specific sizes only. 17 or 18 is a good choice and would be ideal but I’m still running the stock motor mount plate. good luck bro
That's odd because mine doesn't have those holes , should I still look into buying let's say the hr adjustable motor mount?

16146374418656379660376388200195.jpg

I own the v3 3s model typhon. Which version do you have as earlier versions may not be pre drilled. The hot racing motor mount plate has a good reputation and should work perfectly for running a 17 or 18 tooth pinion. good luck

Last edited:
The hr? Or the stock one i have?
Looks like the stock plate because hot racing one is slotted so you can use many pinion sizes.just need to know how to set gear mesh properly if you go with the hot racing motor mount

That's odd because mine doesn't have those holes , should I still look into buying let's say the hr adjustable motor mount?

View attachment 129473
Did this buggy start life as a Mega brushed version? I've never seen a motor mount with only one set of holes

Not sure what you mean by slotted, they both look identical to me. And when you gear mesh talking about just putting them together far enough to get a piece of paper between them?
Just the stock one i have shown in picture looks 90% the same it has the screws to adjust etc so it seems at least
Did this buggy start life as a Mega brushed version? I've never seen a motor mount with only one set of holes
My buggy was bought brand new not even couple months ago?

Get the hot racing one and watch YouTube videos on how to set pinion spur gear mesh. good luck bro

Just got this in. It's a Hobbywing heatsink/fan unit from Amain Hobbies. It will fit the motor since it is for 3660 can.Will try on my Senton to see if there's any clearance issue.

20210301_145446.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back