Granite Reliability and maintenance requirements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hi,

I was hoping to get some views from people on how often things are likely to fail and how often you can expect to need to service a car.

I have had a Granite BLX for about 3 months now and to take a guess I've probably run 30-40 packs through it.

In that time, I have had:
  • a servo fail (replaced under warranty),
  • the ESC going to LVC early (replaced under warranty, new one working fine)
  • the aluminium motor mount warp (bent that back flat with a hammer)
  • and just yesterday I blew a driveshaft bearing ring which spewed ball bearings into the power module damaging the pinion and spur.
I plan to replace the bearing myself as they are just a couple of $ and the pinion and spur look like they will keep going for now however they are scored in places.

The maintenance doesn't bother me too much as I think that is half the fun of the hobby but I'd be interested in hearing is this the level of maintenance and failure you would expect with an Arrma car?

Cheers,

Simon

That's it? I've also had a Granite for 3 months and I've only had 3 runs when I came home with nothing to fix. To be fair, it's often non-stock upgrades and minor fixes. Your breaks were not minor and are all stock. Rubber sealed bearings are a widely recommended upgrade. I've seen a few posts about ESC going to LVC early, seems like there was a batch of them (mine was fine.) Aluminum motor mount warp had to be a hard hit. Servo fail I can't really speak to, I've had a Savox from the start, it hasn't caused a problem. I really did not expect to do so much maintenance when I bought the car either. I've come to accept it and I think I finally have my Granite at a minimal maintenance setup. 2 out of 3 of those nothing to fix runs were today and yesterday.

Last edited:
So its not just me then =)

I noticed the motor mount had warped after it hit something but it wasn't going flat out of anything.

I had
1) ESC fan failed after 4-5 packs
2) the stock servo died within 5-10 packs.

Other than that, was one of the best cars I've owned.... Just too small for the terrain I have available around me.

Bearings and pivot balls is what I usually replace semi regularly as they wear. For stuff that just breaks for me it's suspension arms and bent shock rods or leaking shocks in need of a rebuild. Everything else that I've broken is random depending on circumstances.

Maintenance? I got a new Granite back in November and have put 30+ packs through it. I have beat the crap out of it mud, snow, skate park, bmx track and have only rebuilt the shocks and replaced a shock tower and A-Arms with RPMs. No other maintenance other than a little cleaning. I'm running it until it blows

Last edited:
Sounds pretty reliable to me. All those things mentioned are day 0 fixes for me.

The level of failure and maintained you had with the Granite is pretty much par for the course.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back