Fireteam Relocating Battery Box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
Those of you who have moved the box/holder to the rear of the chassis, do you also move the radio box or does that stay put with a single screw? I feel like keeping this thing in the original location with a single screw is asking for trouble, but figured I'd ask before I go messing with the wiring to try to move it as well.

I haven't done it myself but you should be OK. moving the battery tray/receiver box to the back is a 60mm (~2.25 inches) move. The handbrake servo and ESC will be closer to box and there should be plenty of steering servo cable to account for the move.

Last edited:
Moved everything back as one piece with zero problems and I have the handbrake.

same here also moved back entire unit without problems. still able to put in my 8000mah CNHL lipo. only the power cable from the esc is now a bit short, but still fits

Hi all, just picked up a fireteam in the big sale. What is the impact of moving the battery tray back? Just trying to decide if I should move the battery tray first thing before even driving it.

I assume the big benefit is flatter jumping vs nose down bias?

Hi all, just picked up a fireteam in the big sale. What is the impact of moving the battery tray back? Just trying to decide if I should move the battery tray first thing before even driving it.

I assume the big benefit is flatter jumping vs nose down bias?
I'm not a jumper left mine as is, but you hit it right. Helps to prevent that front-noser dive.

Since I have the men removed, the body is so light I feel it has balanced out for my needs.

I'm not a jumper left mine as is, but you hit it right. Helps to prevent that front-noser dive.

Since I have the men removed, the body is so light I feel it has balanced out for my needs.
Did you remove just the little dudes or the entire cockpit? I was thinking about doing that and 3D printing a replacement so debris doesn't get in.

I am going to try driving mine with the battery box in stock location , as I don't plan on doing huge jumps with it .

Did you remove just the little dudes or the entire cockpit? I was thinking about doing that and 3D printing a replacement so debris doesn't get in.
Entire cockpit...

1670181789751.png

Hey man looks really good with the men gone, another member also did that similar setup and did a thread on it. I was wondering did you notice the chassis getting alot more debris and dirt in there? That's the only reason I was having second thoughts of doing it as I imagine the insert keeps alot of stuff out. (Yeah im one of those weirdos who don't like getting their rcs dirty 🤦🏻‍♂️) well to an extent anyway lol....🍻

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back