Remote questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigtim29

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
Currently using a traxxas tq remote and receiver model 2238. Not liking the range too much, cuts out around 200-300 feet usually. Other than that I love the way the throttle and steering feel. Used to have the newer traxxas tQi remote and receiver because it came with my e revo 2.0. Don’t remember how good the range was in it, could anyone tell me an estimate for the range on the tqi?
If the tqi isn’t worth it, what other remote has the throttle and steering that feels just like the traxxas remotes, I kind of grew up using these remotes so it’s hard to switch to something with a different Feel and would prefer a remote with that 50/50 throttle feel.

I have a few TQi radios and the range is good, never had one cut out on me and my rigs can go down the block until I can't hardly see them.

Should I get the 2 channel or 4 channel radio? 4 channel tqi says high output, don’t really know if that’s real

Should I get the 2 channel or 4 channel radio? 4 channel tqi says high output, don’t really know if that’s real
Not a student of TRX radios, the ones I have are model 6528 2 channel radios that are Traxxas link enabled with gyro. I think their 4 channel TQi radios come with TRX link already installed from factory. Go to their website for more info. Hope this helps!

Thanks! Do you own any other radio with a similar feel to the traxxas transmitter?
I like the feel of the Arrma TTX300, small and compact for my medium sized hands. Harded to get as time goes by but they're still out there. Paid $34.00 from Jennys RC shipped awhile back.

Anyone have experience with the fly sky gt5 and how does it compare to the traxxas tqi remote?

If you are looking for something with great range and feel your best bet is a Futaba.

This is a rather old article but still some good info on a few different radio systems https://www.bigsquidrc.com/2-4-ghz-...out/2-4-ghz-transmitter-shootout-radio-range/

I have a Traxxas TQ and a TQI and I have not ran either out of range. Both systems I would loose sight of the car before I ran out of range.

From what I have seen the range on the Flysky units is fairly decent but I don't know if it's as good as the Tqi.

I’ve got a tq and the distance might be 300 feet if I’m lucky. Not looking for phenomenal range, looking more at solid response times, ease of use, and some nicer options . Not trying to spend more than 75 on a transmitter though.

I’ve got a tq and the distance might be 300 feet if I’m lucky. Not looking for phenomenal range, looking more at solid response times, ease of use, and some nicer options . Not trying to spend more than 75 on a transmitter though.
Sorry I meant this one in my other post TQ 2.4ghz. https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxa...eaSTlqpG41jOkJ_etQ1a4WIlLyArHcBAaAt2pEALw_wcB

And I almost forgot I do also have the fishing pole antenna one but I never tried to test the range on it as I haven't used it in like 3 years.

-edit- I lied both of my newer ones are TQi.
Left is a 6530 right is a 6513

20200528_232452.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I meant this one in my other post TQ 2.4ghz. https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxa...eaSTlqpG41jOkJ_etQ1a4WIlLyArHcBAaAt2pEALw_wcB

And I almost forgot I do also have the fishing pole antenna one but I never tried to test the range on it as I haven't used it in like 3 years.

-edit- I lied both of my newer ones are TQi.
Left is a 6530 right is a 6513-4-5, 6507-8-9

View attachment 83095
Yep I got the old tq with the big antenna, works good other than the range, just would like a little more out of a transmitter. You have experience with the flysky gt5? After tons of research it seems perfect for what I want out of my talion.

Yep I got the old tq with the big antenna, works good other than the range, just would like a little more out of a transmitter. You have experience with the flysky gt5? After tons of research it seems perfect for what I want out of my talion.
I do not, the only Flysky I have any experience with is the FS-GT2. I think @razorrc has a review of that radio on his Youtube channel.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back