remote/reciever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARRMAgeddon

Reaction score
Just wondering what radio controlers is everyone using?
Want to upgrade my remote
Somethinv not to complicated to use
4 or 3 channel

Last edited:
Bigsquid reviewed the fury and they said that the remote and receiver was still connected even after like 1 mile in range just like what Dreadstar said

I may have repeated him lol sorry

I've beaten this to death around here, but something like Spektrum's dx4c and one of their AVC (active vehicle control) receivers is a pretty amazing setup. Illegal to race with but that is not something I ever plan to do. The radio is nice too but the AVC is what has really rocked my rcing world.

Google it, the system does everything they claim and it is so seamless at times you forget all it's doing, that is until you turn it off anyways. I can't vouch for how worthwhile it is on a 4wd vehicle, but I consider it literally priceless on my 2wd and overpowered granite blx. As long as the front tires are on the ground it goes exactly where you tell it. No more back end coming around with too much throttle and it tracks dead straight with no steering input regardless of what you are going over.

I've beaten this to death around here, but something like Spektrum's dx4c and one of their AVC (active vehicle control) receivers is a pretty amazing setup. Illegal to race with but that is not something I ever plan to do. The radio is nice too but the AVC is what has really rocked my rcing world.

Google it, the system does everything they claim and it is so seamless at times you forget all it's doing, that is until you turn it off anyways. I can't vouch for how worthwhile it is on a 4wd vehicle, but I consider it literally priceless on my 2wd and overpowered granite blx. As long as the front tires are on the ground it goes exactly where you tell it. No more back end coming around with too much throttle and it tracks dead straight with no steering input regardless of what you are going over.
I think you'd also have to change out the stock servo for avc right? because the stock servo is not digital? Please correct me if I am wrong

Yes, they say a digital servo is required. That Savox should work fine and seems pretty bad ass to boot. I am using the waterproof hitec one and it has been bulletproof so far. There are also cheaper options, Bluebird would be one possibility.

Programming is easy; there is a quick calibration, two different gains to play with and a priority setting that basically tells it how much attention it should give to your inputs. Frankly, you could put all three of those at 50% and it would work great if you don't like messing with stuff like that.

I should also mention that a member here tried avc with, I believe, a mega esc and could not get it to work. Not sure if that esc isn't up to the task or if there was something else going specific to his case. His posts on it should be pretty easy to find if you search.

There is nothing really wrong with the stock TX, other than it lacks some functions like EPA, throttle DR, curves, model memory... As a basic remote it is pretty nice.

I have the TS4G, which is the Hobby King version of the RC3S that AJ linked above. Great remote so far, not much money. I run it with the gyro turned off (green light on the RX).

My .02 on gyros and AVC and similar - I got my Kraton and Talion used, the Kraton had a Gyro installed. I really don't see the need. Driving the Kraton right after my Talion, it just seems less nimble. It is a very rare case when my Talion tries to spin out, AVC/Gyro is really not needed.

For my 2wd SCT, though, I am looking forward to running a gyro in it.

Jerry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back