Remote Swapping Question....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
I have a remote swapping question. I have:

Infraction
Losi DB Pro
Big Rock

All are using the Smart Firma ESC and newer Smart receivers

All paired to the DX5C tx. We have a family picnic next weekend and nephews want to run the RCs. If I pair the Losi and Infraction back the DX3 remotes, will it:

• Automatically us all the profile settings like the AVC, Travels, Trims I set for the RC when repairing back the DX5C? I know for the Losi there will be some AVC calibration I need to redo...for all those settings will it use the profile or I need to set them all again?
  • I have endpoints set for them all in the DX5C for each profile. When binding to the DX3 will I need to do endpoints adjustments again?
    • When I return from the DX3 back to the DX5C will it use the profile endpoints already set or I need to set them again?

Thx...just trying to get an understanding of what to expect

If the AVC receivers work the same as Spektrum's co-evolved AS3X air receivers (and I am confident they do), then yes, the AVC settings will stay in the profile on the receiver. I would assume your trims will not, but your sub trims would. Anything on the DX3 transmitter with a hard switch should stack on top of rather than override the profile setting on the receiver, so you might get some negative results. The last generation of AVC required a lot more setup when it came to zeros and trims, the new ones are smarter and easier to play with. I've not hacked an AVC receiver like I have with AS3x, and as far as I know Spektrum doesn't provide software to do anything with an AVC receiver other than update firmware. The AS3X receivers have Windows software to edit profiles, and you can view the profiles in ASCII when you access them. AVC is really just an extension of AS3X tech. I run AVC receivers with my DX4S, so these are educated assumptions about swapping to a dumb transmitter (I don't have any). Is there anything preventing you from testing it now? (Remember to do your calibrations.)

If the AVC receivers work the same as Spektrum's co-evolved AS3X air receivers (and I am confident they do), then yes, the AVC settings will stay in the profile on the receiver. I would assume your trims will not, but your sub trims would. Anything on the DX3 transmitter with a hard switch should stack on top of rather than override the profile setting on the receiver, so you might get some negative results. The last generation of AVC required a lot more setup when it came to zeros and trims, the new ones are smarter and easier to play with. I've not hacked an AVC receiver like I have with AS3x, and as far as I know Spektrum doesn't provide software to do anything with an AVC receiver other than update firmware. The AS3X receivers have Windows software to edit profiles, and you can view the profiles in ASCII when you access them. AVC is really just an extension of AS3X tech. I run AVC receivers with my DX4S, so these are educated assumptions about swapping to a dumb transmitter (I don't have any). Is there anything preventing you from testing it now? (Remember to do your calibrations.)

What about the servo endpoint adjustment from radio to radio...? My assumption nothing remembers that so need to do EP set up on each and every bind?

I know that the AS3X receivers store endpoints in their config file, so I'd put my money on the AVC receiver storing that info. Calibration tells the receiver the transmitter's sweep range, then the receiver does the work on what the servo's response should be via the config. I'd love to test it, but I only own one surface radio.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back