Remove bearings from BLX2050kv?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klappars

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Yesterday my 2050kv BLX motor in my Talion started making a slight rattling noise, Don't think it is the drive train as it rolls smoothly and quietly without the motor installed. I have checked the bearings and they are making a bit of noise.

I have replacement bearings but how can I remove the bearing from the endcap, any ideas? I don't have a bearing puller so is there another way?

Oh they are very stuck in there. Little ol' screwdriver is never getting those things out.

Oh they are very stuck in there. Little ol' screwdriver is never getting those things out.
In that case, maybe an allen key would be better suited. You'd have to be careful, but you would get a bit more torque. I'm considering tearing into mine tonight, as my past few bash sessions have been in ice, snow, slush and mud. I'll let you know how it turns out. Gonna give the bearings a good clean and lube, not replace. I have an ultrasonic cleaner that makes fast work of cleaning bearings and other small parts.

Well I hope your bearings are more cooperative than mine. Haha. I'm only replacing because I had a "full" kit to swap in while I was doing the chore of shimming the differentials, honestly there's zero need.

@Notorious J, did you get into it?
Nope. Wanted to, but my new Notorious body showed up, so I started reinforcing it. Tonight's not gonna happen either because of other obligations. Definitely not gonna run it again until i check it out. The bearings on the four corners were full of crap from running in mud and water, so I'm not risking a motor bearing failure because of contamination. As a matter of fact, I might be stripping down the difs too, but the motor is my first concern. Sorry gents.

How did you manage it?
Use the bread trick. take fresh bread and roll into little balls that fit inside the center of the bearing. use a 2x4 board to tap the motor shaft down into the hole to compress the bread. be sure to use the side of the shaft that DOES NOT have the flat side. Remember, don't hammer it.....and you don't have to smash it all the way down until you have several pieces compacted in the hole. keep tapping, add a piece of bread, tap, add a piece, tap add a piece. Like magic, the bearing will start to lift out of the hole and when youre done, youll end up with a little hard bearing replica made of bread, and the original bearing in your hand. the bread basically employs hydrolic displacing force while not being a liquid that will just leak out. If you do hammer too hard, the bread will squeeze past the shaft and bearing and youll have to start again. Also, this will only work best if you haven't already destroyed, or removed the inner race of the bearing in a failed attempt at removing. THERE IS NO need to drill a hole in the end cap of the motor....... if you do, you only weaken it and youll end up having more problems in the future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back