Kraton Remove drive cups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamilton0912

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi I’m trying to replace all my bearing on my kraton 6s v4 how do I remove the drive cups on the back of the bulkhead the ones the the center diff shafts go into I found the set screw but when I remove it it still won’t budge any advice will greatly be appreciated thank you in advance

Loctite is holding it.. if you can get some heat on it that will help alot.. once you get some heat in it you can get behind the cup with a flat head and lightly pry it until it slides off...

If you have the diff case out on the bench you can rest the case on the bench so the cup is upright, apply the heat, then you can drive the pinion out of the cup with a driver and a few hits on the handle...

Hi I’m trying to replace all my bearing on my kraton 6s v4 how do I remove the drive cups on the back of the bulkhead the ones the the center diff shafts go into I found the set screw but when I remove it it still won’t budge any advice will greatly be appreciated thank you in advance
You need to punch out the pinion. Use a small punch, support the gear box, then lightly tap right in the center of the pinion shaft. Thread lock is the culprit, so be sure to clean the shaft well before reassembly. The arrow in this pic shows the place and direction I'm speaking of. Works best if you can put the gear box against a wall or have someone else hold it.
20190113_142023 - Copy.jpg

Cool thanks
You need to punch out the pinion. Use a small punch, support the gear box, then lightly tap right in the center of the pinion shaft. Thread lock is the culprit, so be sure to clean the shaft well before reassembly. The arrow in this pic shows the place and direction I'm speaking of. Works best if you can put the gear box against a wall or have someone else hold it.View attachment 59010

I got the back done but the front I beat the crap out of it and about lit it on fire and still can’t get it literally the last two bearing I have to replace and I can’t get them out lol

Not enough heat...

Make sure when you reassemble the pinion and cup that there is no slop in it.. cup and pinion should be seated against the bearing races..

I noticed wear showing contact with the outer edge of the bearing- so I added a shim so just the inner makes contact- less friction.

All I had was a bic lighter lol so ig I’m gonna have to find a torch. And you ever tried avid bearings?
Avid are nice too, but Revolution typically only have the shield on one side. I find that all brands are about the same, for about the same money. You still have to clean and relube them if replacement isn't your thing. A mini torch or soldering iron is the kind of heat you need. Don't think a lighter cuts it.

I noticed wear showing contact with the outer edge of the bearing- so I added a shim so just the inner makes contact- less friction.

Interesting, and that was with new bearings? The cup has a step on it that should only contact the inner race.. the only time I've seen the cups run the seal or outer was when the bearings were smoked..allowing the inner race to walk back enough for the rest of the cup to touch...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back