Removing broken rocker posts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiery

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
One of my rocker posts broke today and the threaded part is stuck too deep into the bulkhead.(I think that's what its called) I can't get in out with pliers and I can't make a slit in it and use a flat head. My last resort is to see if there is an easy out that is in that size but I wanted to see if there was another way.

One of my rocker posts broke today and the threaded part is stuck too deep into the bulkhead.(I think that's what its called) I can't get in out with pliers and I can't make a slit in it and use a flat head. My last resort is to see if there is an easy out that is in that size but I wanted to see if there was another way.

Can you post a picture of it?

Carefully with left hand drill, you'll get a better bite on whats left on the post with a drill rather than an easy out...Mike

Attachments

• IMG_5047.JPG
    IMG_5047.JPG
    261.5 KB · Views: 73

Wow. That snapped deeper than I thought. Honestly I'm not sure you will be able to get that out without doing some damage to the bulkhead. You can try and back it out but it will weaken it. I would just buy another bulkhead. Here is one that is dirt cheap on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152262218051

They are a great seller with fast shipping. I just think it would be easier and you won't have a weak point later. Good luck!

Oh yeah...that's a front one. Not sure which one broke but you can get both of them for under $20.

Wow. That snapped deeper than I thought. Honestly I'm not sure you will be able to get that out without doing some damage to the bulkhead. You can try and back it out but it will weaken it. I would just buy another bulkhead. Here is one that is dirt cheap on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152262218051

They are a great seller with fast shipping. I just think it would be easier and you won't have a weak point later. Good luck!

Oh yeah...that's a front one. Not sure which one broke but you can get both of them for under $20.

yeah..good option..that way you can rework this at a later time ...you will have the room to properly hold and try some things ..

High carbon drill bit and a screw extractor is probably the only way to get that out. A new bulkhead seems easier and cheaper if you don't have the right tools.

Ok, I got it out with no damage and I replaced the rest with home depot screws. I started drilling it out with a left hand drill bit and that wasn't working so i went up a couple sizes and tapped the drill bit in with a hammer and slowly drilled it out and it worked. Thanks for your help!

Ok, I got it out with no damage and I replaced the rest with home depot screws. I started drilling it out with a left hand drill bit and that wasn't working so i went up a couple sizes and tapped the drill bit in with a hammer and slowly drilled it out and it worked. Thanks for your help!
Well done!!

Drill it with a smaller drill bit and use a easy out. Being plastic it should be easy to remove that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back