removing dboots tire from rim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainQ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi there,

SO I'm new etc, and today I tried for the first time to remove my tires from the rims...
Someone here suggested me a heat gun, which I didn't have... so anw I went to buy one. It didn't work well at all for me, since the rim started to melt and the tire didn't want to go out... So I tried the oven way... I did at 300, trying to remove the tire every couple of minutes... then I tried at 400.... nothing move... My tires are dboots backflip... the glue seams OP O_O

Any more advices? I feel like I wont be able to remove them, so I bought some fishing line.... :(

Get a 5 gallon bucket with a lid, a jar and some acetone
Put acetone in the jar (without a lid) in the middle of the bucket and place the tires around the jar. Put the lid on the 5 gallon bucket and let it sit for a day checking periodically by removing a tire and pressing the tire down away from the rim. May take a day or two but they'll all break loose pretty easily

Hi

Acetone wont ruine the foams, it the vapors that dissolve the glue. As Mr. Duke said get a bucket with a lid, but first find a place where you can leave the bucket where it wont be disturbed for about a week, then put the tires in the bucket, next put some acetone in a separate container that has no lid, next set the separate container down inside of the bucket so it WILL NOT tip over, then put the lid on bucket for 4 to 7 day for best results. After you separate the tires use a rag and some acetone to remove the glue residue before it hardens back up.

As for baking the tires, First preheat the oven to around 300 to 350 degrees. next take a cookie sheet and then cut a piece of cardboard to fit inside of it to protect the tires from the hot pan. Then put the tires on the cardboard and then bake them in the middle of the oven for 15 min. After that the tires should pop right off of the rims. Besure to wear gloves because the tires are going to be hot when you take them out of the oven.

Thx :)
I managed to do it in the oven at 350, but I had to let them in for a whole hour. I guess that my oven might be too old ahahah

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back