Removing Hex Hubs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT58

Very Active Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon TLR
  6. Vendetta
Sanity check here... first step to removing the hex hubs (Talion is it matters) is to remove the set screw that faces outward, correct? After that the pin should drop loose and you can pull the assembly out.

I put a wrench on the hex hub and using a hex driver managed to break the set screw off inside the hub before it moved at all.

lol...i forgot... I think I had to use punch on the pin to get it out..

Good news, I didn't break the set screw I'm just dumb! The way it snapped loose and the debris it left in the hole made me think it did.

Warranty motor and dogbone installed and it's a completely different truck!

Replacing the hubs on my typhon 6s and man removing the pins are a real kick in the d
I tried and gave up a few days ago because I didn't have a pen-tip torch, just a monster torch for the kitchen. I ordered a 2 pack of torches off amazon and one fell apart in my hands but the other works lol. Hopefully, it lasts long enough for me to get all 4 off when I finally try it again.

I tried and gave up a few days ago because I didn't have a pen-tip torch, just a monster torch for the kitchen. I ordered a 2 pack of torches off amazon and one fell apart in my hands but the other works lol. Hopefully, it lasts long enough for me to get all 4 off when I finally try it again.
Gud luck brother that stuff is crazy. I stripped out the screws on the las one. I couldn't put a touch to it cause its attached to a plastic turnbuckle end. So now gonna get a new turnbuckle 🤬

Come to think of it i might as well get sum aluminum arms to finish it off every thing. I'd like to get sum beefier drive shafts too
Do NOT fit aluminum arms to any rig that you use... Those are for shelf queen only. If you crash, the non-flexible aluminum arms will rip the gearbox and hub carriers apart...

Do NOT fit aluminum arms to any rig that you use... Those are for shelf queen only. If you crash, the non-flexible aluminum arms will rip the gearbox and hub carriers apart...
What about switching to these
Screenshot_20230207-100415_Chrome.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back