removing paint off factory painted body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catspajamas

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
i have a stalk outcast 4s blx id like to strip out and re paint the inside..

any known methods of removing paint off a stalk pre painted body ?

i have used dot4 brake fluid in the past with no problems on pactra paint..

Well don't use acetone. It'll get the paint off quickly but it will also dull up the lexan.

From what I've read and seen there's no product that will remove all paint without damaging the lexan. I'd say try the brake fluid on an unimportant part first?

I have never managed a really good result, just buy a body that fits, will save you the trouble and the potential exposure to toxic crap.

ive read tamiya has a paint remover .. has anyone tried it ?

Well don't use acetone. It'll get the paint off quickly but it will also dull up the lexan.

From what I've read and seen there's no product that will remove all paint without damaging the lexan. I'd say try the brake fluid on an unimportant part first?
Not true, I repainted this body by stripping it with acetone
20190830_180609.jpg

Does it look dull to you? And yes it's painted on the inside.

Someone just painted a stock Granite body posted today. He removed the orange and painted it black, came out nice. No idea what he used.

Lexan is a brand name of a polycarbonate plastic. Each brand could make it differently from each other. Also each brand could make different types.
Yep, Team Associated lexan is pliable, a Proline C-10 body I just got for my son was thicker, but more brittle & prone to cracking. An Arrma body is somewhere in between. I did however get to feel a Proline Brute body at my lhs, and it was incredible how stiff it was.

I did the brake fluid method on a SCT body once. I'll never do that again.... So worth the money to order a new body!
I agree, brake fluid is so corrosive and caustic I can't see using it for that. If there isn't a easier or less caustic way to strip the paint, new body is the way to go.

Brake cleaner isn’t the same as brake fluid.

Wait, people use brake fluid to clean diffs? F that, I open a bottle of that crap inside and I'm hacking. I've always hated the smell, that and actual diff fluid for cars. That sickening movie theater butter smell.

Edit: Yeah, I just saw he typed fluid and not cleaner.

Wait, people use brake fluid to clean diffs? F that, I open a bottle of that crap inside and I'm hacking. I've always hated the smell, that and actual diff fluid for cars. That sickening movie theater butter smell.

Edit: Yeah, I just saw he typed fluid and not cleaner.
They use brake fluid to strip the paint off a body, which it will do. Your use of brake cleaner on diffs is a good idea as well. It’s just two different fluids for two different tasks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back