Removing rocker posts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiery

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hi guys, I bought some screws at home Depot recently to switch out for the rocker posts and I don't know how to get them out. They aren't broken, I just didn't want them to break in the future and I heard that those screws would increase durability. I looked through the forums and it says how to take it out but it still doesn't make much sense to me. If you could give me some instruction on how to take them out that would be great. thanks

I re installed the screws tight, with a wrench holding the nut section of the shaft. Then removed with a power driver as a whole unit.

I re installed the screws tight, with a wrench holding the nut section of the shaft. Then removed with a power driver as a whole unit.
So the nut isn't part of the shaft? I tried that and it felt stuck on there.

IMG_0541.JPG
This is the stock one. If your installing the Traxxas E-Revo rocker shafts, you'll need a M5 tap as well

Button head screw comes out, remove rocker, install screw....tighten down. Remove whole unit with driver.

Help
Im having the same issue! I cant get the head screw off of the rocker post!

Attachments

• 14946053591331520251397.jpg
    14946053591331520251397.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 37
Help
Im having the same issue! I cant get the head screw off of the rocker post!
Use the included wrench and hold the nut part of post and take a hex driver and unsrew the button head.
I used to think it was one piece and i guess it isn't.

the problem is that arrma uses locktite on the rocker screws and they don't need to. and they also use way to much.

the problem is that arrma uses locktite on the rocker screws and they don't need to. and they also use way to much.
Yah when I was taking out the center diff the screws were all covered with thread lock. It was sooo hard to take some of them out.

I had the same problem with my center diff and steering. I guess they like locktite.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back