Senton Removing the stock tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kobalt78

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Granite
  3. Senton 6s
Don't know if anyone else had this problem, but when I tried to take the tires off the first time, I was only able to get one freed. The other 3 I pulled until it seemed to me something was going to break. Anyone else have this happen? And what to do? I am honestly afraid I'm going to break something off.

Removing the tires from the car. I removed the hexes and its like they are super glued to the hubs! I managed to get 1 off but I can't get the other 3 off.

Removing the tires from the car. I removed the hexes and its like they are super glued to the hubs! I managed to get 1 off but I can't get the other 3 off.
I had the same problem with my V2 Kraton. I had to lay it on its side, stand on the wheel touching the ground, and pull very hard, wiggling a bit if needed. They all popped off that way. I then sanded down the rim hubs a bit to avoid this again.

I finally got them off today. I sprayed em with knock er' loose and pulled and wiggled the tire while pushing on the chassis. It was hard but after wiggling it slowly as it came over the threads and popped off. I can finally put my duratrax lockouts on.

I finally got them off today. I sprayed em with knock er' loose and pulled and wiggled the tire while pushing on the chassis. It was hard but after wiggling it slowly as it came over the threads and popped off. I can finally put my duratrax lockouts on.
Ha, I had a hard time getting the lockouts on my buggy. Had to sand down the hubs a tad, barely any, to get them to fit on the axle.

I usually back the nut off to the end of the threads and give it a gentle rap with a small hammer while pulling on the tire. No damage to threads and it pops off easily.

I think they may crush a bit when they're installed on the car. I had the same issue with a different car myself. Just my opinion!

Had this happen to me when i got my v2 Senton. i just pulled and wiggled the wheels and after about 20 minutes of this, i finally got them off. Then i celebrated by drinking a Gatorade. A light tap with a rubber mallet might help too.

WOW, I had no idea how hard this actually was going to be until today when I tried to put my PL Badlanders on!
So much for going to the track today! I'll try again tomorrow if I have the time... SHEW....:rolleyes:

Ok, so after some PB Blaster and wiggling the wheels I couldn't get them off, so I had to go postal on them and use a 3 jaw puller and within 15 minutes I was finished. Nothing was damaged during this but I think after looking at the holes in the original wheels, the plastic got squished into the threads and not stuck on the hex. The Badlands went right on and came right off so that's my approach to this issue. Hope it helps someone else.....She looks Awesome!!
20161116_090528.jpg
20161116_090707.jpg

20161116_090528.jpg

Attachments

• 20161116_090535.jpg
    20161116_090535.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 26
Here's what the mounting holes looked like after removing them. If you look close you can see where the nut sort of caved in the area where it seats. And you can see the hole isn't clean. These must be pretty strong to withstand using a 3 jaw puller and leaving no marks.
20161116_130742.jpg
20161116_130630.jpg

Same issue here. I was able to get three of the wheels off after removing the lock nut and nothing short of ripping the wheel off was I able to free it from the wheel mount. Hopefully this issue is just on the Senton and not other Arrma vehicles.

I tried putting these wheels on another vehicle and the were just as tight as the Typhon. They just need to be reamed out once they are off.
Once you GET them off that is! LOL

Don't know if anyone else had this problem, but when I tried to take the tires off the first time, I was only able to get one freed. The other 3 I pulled until it seemed to me something was going to break. Anyone else have this happen? And what to do? I am honestly afraid I'm going to break something off.
Yes i had the same issue over here. sprayed some WD40 and it helped a bit.

What do you exactly mean?
Removing the rubber tire off the rim, or removing the wheels from the car?
I would like to know the best way to remove the tire off the rim. Can anyone help with this? I greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much to everyone on here. Your tips are very much appreciated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back