Removing the top part from the 6s BLX battery tray

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yonic

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Voltage
Hello all,

I've got myself a pair of 3s batteries and they don't fit in the v3 battery tray (4mm too tall).
I can return them, but i'm thinking maybe i can run them with the top part of the battery tray removed?

Do you think it's ok? or should it be better to return them and get something smaller?

Thanks

Hello all,

I've got myself a pair of 3s batteries and they don't fit in the v3 battery tray (4mm too tall).
I can return them, but i'm thinking maybe i can run them with the top part of the battery tray removed?

Do you think it's ok? or should it be better to return them and get something smaller?

Thanks
If you remove that front part that goes up and down, run another strap in its place. Does it come out easily?

Personally I feel the battery tray and the velcro arrangement is the worse thing on the Kraton v3. I would like to come up with a better setup.

Personally I feel the battery tray and the velcro arrangement is the worse thing on the Kraton v3. I would like to come up with a better setup.
If you take a minute to rerun the velcro you can get them slightly better. Stock my velcro folded inward to close making it difficult to undo. i switched it around immediately to be accessible from the outside. I think the logic was it's less likely to snag and come undone. i do the side strap first and the long strap overtop as a backup on the off shot it does snag.

If you take a minute to rerun the velcro you can get them slightly better. Stock my velcro folded inward to close making it difficult to undo. i switched it around immediately to be accessible from the outside. I think the logic was it's less likely to snag and come undone. i do the side strap first and the long strap overtop as a backup on the off shot it does snag.
Yes your right. On the very first run, I was dumbfounded on how it was supposed to work. Of course I was so excited to run it, I didn’t look closely at it first. Since then I’ve had the battery tray off a few times trying to make it better. I’m going to continue to see if I can improve on it before giving up. I looked at the HR version but for $55 I’ll keep trying to work with the stock one for now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back