Big Rock Removing WHEEL AXEL from WHEEL HEX (questions)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westryder907

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hey, It's me again... am I the only one rocking the 4s still? :D

Ok So I got my new wheel axel and I'm having a hard time getting the old one off, I don't want to break anything and I've been staring at the exploded diagram while I waited for parts to arrive to study, then I went to apply and my broken wheel axel won't come off?

Should I try holding the opposite wheel while I turn the old wheel axel? Will this break anything?
I've attached an immage to show what I'm trying to replace, it's the rear left wheel.

Advice?

Looking forwards to getting my Kraton 4S back up and running! :) Thanks RC guys/gals!

20201007_231502.jpg

So I was able to get all the way down to just the wheel axel and it seems like it should just slide out but it's stuck in there.

I've tried pulling with pliers + grips multupule times and no luck, it's looking grimm :/

20201008_001317.jpg

This isn't shown on the part explosion, but there's a 2mm countersunk hex screw at the CV joint. You'll need to unscrew this to remove the axle from the driveshaft

They are thread locked on so it might be hard to turn to begin with. Remember to use thread lock on this screw again when fitting the new axle or you may have the wheel fall off when using it

This isn't shown on the part explosion, but there's a 2mm countersunk hex screw at the CV joint. You'll need to unscrew this to remove the axle from the driveshaft

They are thread locked on so it might be hard to turn to begin with. Remember to use thread lock on this screw again when fitting the new axle or you may have the wheel fall off when using it

Awesome! how would I reach the screw in the cv joint? Looks like I need specialized tools?

Awesome! how would I reach the screw in the cv joint? Looks like I need specialized tools?
You might be able to reach it by pushing the axle at an angle. If not, you'll need a long hex driver to reach the screw through the driveshaft

I had to do the latter with my 3s Typhon, luckily I had a long Allen key set at hand

You might be able to reach it by pushing the axle at an angle. If not, you'll need a long hex driver to reach the screw through the driveshaft

I had to do the latter with my 3s Typhon, luckily I had a long Allen key set at hand

I'm trackin!

Had the same problem - but arrmaforum always helps. While doing a repair i came up with a simple 17mm hex conversion because the sitting of the original 4S hex on the axle is a little sketchy to sit straight so it doesn't whobble. I am testing the solution on the weekend . If it works as supposed i will create a thread for it!

You need a longer 2mm driver to reach the screw. Check the Neewer drivers on Amazon. I bought those and they seem to reach for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back