Typhon Removing wheels for the first time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManhattanRC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hi all,

I was just going to switch out for a new set of tires, but the wheels have been reluctant to come off.

Anybody else find it hard to remove the wheels for the first time? They don't Exactly just slide off. What's a good trick to loosen it up, without bending or breaking anything?

Thumbs on the hub, fingers around back and wiggle slowly. A "very light" sanding of the wheel where it fits over the hub, might help in the future.

10 seconds with a heat gun pointed at where you removed the wheel nut and they’ll pop right off. Everyone has this issue it seems like with the first set

Pull harder lol as mentioned above there just stuck on first time removing them is a pain in the ass, further times won't be hard :D

Heat gun is on order! Thanks all for the support. This is a great community.

Copious amounts of WD40 let sit overnight. 3 came off with that, and then I needed to add the heat gun treatment for the 4th.

There a pain to get off the first time, but chemicals and poop?? really?? Just pull harder or wiggle the damn thing a little.. There not glued on or anything its just an abundance of plastic..

PULL HARDER lol..

mine were an absolute nightmare... did them yesterday on typhon... took like an hour and i damaged the truck a little

mine were an absolute nightmare... did them yesterday on typhon... took like an hour and i damaged the truck a little

damn really? Mine were a pain in teh ass but a lil tugging a dash of wiggling and a few fist pounds on the tire and they came off my notorious, I don't recall if the brcc was a female dog or not..

What did you damage on the truck??

getting the damn tire off of the hex... i was literally considering getting out the band saw to wheel...talion and notorious no problem at all.. even broke a bearing in the process..

Attachments

• IMG_3009.jpg
    IMG_3009.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 75
getting the damn tire off of the hex... i was literally considering getting out the band saw to wheel...talion and notorious no problem at all..

That's odd. I've had then stick a little bit nothing that a wiggle or two would take care of.

mine seemed like the wheel was actually screwed on... once i finally got the wheel to shimmy back and forth a little it still took like 10 min to actually get it over the threads...i was so mad...

mine seemed like the wheel was actually screwed on... once i finally got the wheel to shimmy back and forth a little it still took like 10 min to actually get it over the threads...i was so mad...
You're going to ask for all of this to be replaced under warranty, right?

You're going to ask for all of this to be replaced under warranty, right?
Classic!

One of my body pins is difficult to remove. I've emailed Horizon Hobby asking for a warranty replacement!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back