Typhon Removing wheels for the first time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol... i swap all my bearings to sealed anyway and if the rims are out of whack it wont matter because when i build a new typhon with all the parts from this speed run setup i will use backflips anyway... So, its kind of pointless.

lol... i swap all my bearings to sealed anyway and if the rims are out of whack it wont matter because when i build a new typhon with all the parts from this speed run setup i will use backflips anyway... So, its kind of pointless.

Backflips for a speed run? Don't people usually use a belted road tire? Backips are going to explode at 100 mph!

lol...no i have GRP's for this car.. I am just swapping so many parts off the truck that I will almost have a second typhon... That will be my truggyfied typhon...with the backflips..

lol...no i have GRP's for this car.. I am just swapping so many parts off the truck that I will almost have a second typhon... That will be my truggyfied typhon...with the backflips..

Ah. That's makes sense now!

Classic!

One of my body pins is difficult to remove. I've emailed Horizon Hobby asking for a warranty replacement!
Now come on. He has a new Typhon that had a batch of wheels where the holes were too small, and someone jams them on to get it off the line. He destroys a bearing, and possibly the wheel, trying to remove it, and he's an experienced wrencher. This wasn't an "I smashed it into a curb and deserve a replacement" deal, this is a manufacturer's defect. From how he explains it, it was almost like they threaded the dam wheel on cause it was too tight. Your call @Dutch213, whatever feels right for you.

Now come on. He has a new Typhon that had a batch of wheels where the holes were too small, and someone jams them on to get it off the line. He destroys a bearing, and possibly the wheel, trying to remove it, and he's an experienced wrencher. This wasn't an "I smashed it into a curb and deserve a replacement" deal, this is a manufacturer's defect. From how he explains it, it was almost like they threaded the dam wheel on cause it was too tight. Your call @Dutch213, whatever feels right for you.

You were serious?? My bad.

i hear what youre saying..... I have like 15 of those bearings that i will never use so the bearing is not a big deal... if this happened to my talion or notorious and i planned on using the wheels i would def tell tower but those typhon wheels are ugly as hell so don't plan on using them either... two parts that are worthless to me and i def don't need another set of them... lol

I should have warrantied the grub screw on my stock pinion.....
1548944344973.png

Its just Arrmas thing.. The wheels on my Notorious were a little tight but came right off, on the Typhon they were literally impossible to pull off, I actually damaged one of the lower rear arms pulling on the wheel so hard, it permanently twisted it. Since i knew I wasn't going to use the Typhon wheels/ties I dremeled them off at the spokes, then pried the remaining hub off.. I then saw that the inside of the wheel that actually touches the red hub had grooves molded into it by the hub because it had been jammed on there by an 800 pound gorilla apparently

If you have a Harbor Freight in your area, the heat gun is dirt cheap with the 20% off coupon. Sometimes they even put it under $10 on sale. Worth the cost of a six pack of good beer and lasts a bit longer.

I noticed last year when all the cars came back in stock that a couple of talions had issues where either the wheels cracked all around the hub after first use on the grass track and the nuts were really tight, arrma did replace the cracked wheels under the assumption that the gorilla that does the nuts up at the factory was showing off that day!

I’m having the same issue but now with the stock wheels, they came off easily. I put a set of Louise on-road buggy wheels on the typhon and they refuse to come off now. I just brought a heat gun after reading this thread and I am praying this works otherwise I’m gonna be start breaking this thing!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back