Removing Wing screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BasherDad

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I was trying to install a wheelie bar on my Kraton EXB and went to remove the two screws on the top of the wing. One came out fine and the other one just spins in there. It looks like there is a small nut in there. The nut must be seized on the screw because it just spins with it. How do I go about extracting the screw? I tried smashing some brass flat and shoving it in there to bind the nut, but that didn't work and now I just have brass stuck in there. :facepalm:

Pics? Try longer nose pliers sandwiching the nut around the wing mount, both sides at once
I'll get some pics when I get home. I think the problem with the needle-nose pliers was that the wing was in the way to get a good grip. Maybe the wing can turn out of the way with the other screw removed and I can get better access. I didn't think of trying that. The nut looked all chewed up compared to the one on the other side. It seems like something was done incorrectly during assembly.

8C6E6927-E6F4-4E15-B1EA-CEFDB4F3B153.jpeg

56C1B057-6713-4C56-9AFA-CB001AACF5DE.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll give that a shot. I have some slim ones on order. I'll let you know how it goes.

Back