Kraton Replace broken stock wheels - different wheels front/rear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Race

Reaction score
I've managed to break a front wheel on my v3 Kraton. The rubber has a hole of about 1x1 cm and you can see the white filling through it, so I need to replace it.
The most logical solution would be a pair of stock dBoots Minokawa, however dBoots tires are next to impossible to find in Europe right now. That rules out the next best choice, the Backflips.

I only run the Kraton off road (dirt, mud, grass, hopefully snow soon), so I don't care about asphalt/tarmac performance.
I want to keep two of the Minokawas and replace the other two with another set. I will run 100k oil in the center diff.

So, I have a few ideas of where to go from here.

1) Buy tires only (no wheels) and glue them on the stock wheels: are there any options for this ? Any ok+ tires that will fit and not come glued to their own wheels ?

2) Buy a pair of Badlands/Trenchers and run them with the Minokawas.
Which ones whould I choose ? 149mm Badlands ? 176mm Badlands MX38 ? 165mm Trenchers ? 175mm Trenchers ?
The Minokawas are 165mm.
Will the Kraton run poorly with different size tires ? Will it cook the diff ? Anything else that's bad and I'm missing ?

3) Spring for a full set of 4 new tires - which would be the best route for off-road ? Badlands/Trenchers, and what size ?

What would be the best choice from the above ?

If the piece of the bad tire is still attached you can glue it back together. Sometimes this will work. One of my original Kraton tires has a pretty big slit I glued. Been a while and it is fine.
Having four of the same tire on a 4wd rc would be the norm but maybe if they are similar in diameter tires of different styles will work without any damage.

You will run into issues if the overall weight of the tire and wheel don't match.

The heavy side will get less power from the differential

Same thing happens if you have issues in the drive train binding up, the power will go to the free side

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back