Replace motor shaft Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhiemo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fazon
  3. Granite
Hey guys,

I have an issue with my Kraton. My son drove over some fields and a small stone clamped between the gears. The motor gear was damaged and also the motor shaft way banded.

Is it possible to replace the motor shaft?

Thanks
Rhiemo

Hey guys,

I have an issue with my Kraton. My son drove over some fields and a small stone clamped between the gears. The motor gear was damaged and also the motor shaft way banded.

Is it possible to replace the motor shaft?

Thanks
Rhiemo
Nah it’s not possible. Nobody sells replacement shafts for an 8th scale brushless motor. Castlecreations did up until 2013 but they were making no money because people would just buy the $30 rotor when their motor burnt up instead of buying a whole new motor. It’s the biggest scam how all motor brands now days advertise their motors as “rebuildable/replaceable rotor”. Nobody even sells rotors so it doesn’t matter! What I’m getting at is, you gotta buy a new motor. A leopard 4082 should be a bolt in and connect right up, should be cheap too.

Nah it’s not possible. Nobody sells replacement shafts for an 8th scale brushless motor. Castlecreations did up until 2013 but they were making no money because people would just buy the $30 rotor when their motor burnt up instead of buying a whole new motor. It’s the biggest scam how all motor brands now days advertise their motors as “rebuildable/replaceable rotor”. Nobody even sells rotors so it doesn’t matter! What I’m getting at is, you gotta buy a new motor. A leopard 4082 should be a bolt in and connect right up, should be cheap too.
I wanna say the leopard 4082 would not be a direct drop in. I’m pretty sure it has 6mm motor connectors and m3 mounting holes

Thanks for the feedback, it's really frustrating to hear that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back