Notorious Replace the front Diff case.... Anybody have a video or good instructions for this newbie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbx123

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I stripped out 2 of the 4 holes in the bottom of the case. I used the twist tie trick and it is holding but... I am not a great mechanic...lol Does anybody have a good video or instructions for replacing the entire case? I have found videos on repairing the diff, but none on the actual case replacement. And will I need to apply grease to the exterior of the diff itself after being removed, I do not have any or know what is needed? Can I just take it out and put it back in with whatever grease it has. This truck is only a month old.

All replies and help are truly appreciated in advance.........Roy

I have a hard time doing green stuff on our arrmas cause of all the anodized red on our arrmas. I really wish I woulda jumped on one of the 10th outcasts so I could have all polished stuff on at least one of my rigs haha

Now I have to decide what to do first. I have a big list of stuff and not sure where to start, I am so bad, I need an RC mechanic Haha. These are my concerns..
In what order should I proceed......

Replace the front Diff case...... My biggest fear.
Shim out the servo saver.
Install the Aluminum Servo mount.
Install the new Servo.
Install the Glitch Buster.
Set up and install the DumboRC

Thanks guys.......

I’d save the diff case for the next big crash ! Haha

first thing I would try is the servo upgrade. Shouldn’t take a huge long time, and if you wanted to add something to it try doing the dumbo radio and servo at the same time seeing as you’ll be inside the receiver box might as well handle both those items first.

while your doing the servo, do the servo mount. (See if this gets you the desired steering response your looking for before adding shims to the servo saver).

then while your in the receiver box wiring up the new servo swap out the receiver too!

would make for a good weekend project.

I can’t speak on the glitch buster cause I have no idea what they are. Haha

Last edited:
The only reason that I was going to change the diff case is that I stripped out 2 of the holes and then used the zip tie trick and screwed it back in. some one recommended that I replace it. And if I take the bumper off, (I do not know if I need to for anything) Can I stick another zip tie in there if needed?

I will do as you suggest. I beleive the servo shims are necessary (or will make it better) as just sitting still in high grass, the servo turns I see, but the wheels barely move, so? If it does not help, it will just break something else. I just hope I don't end up carrying a box of parts to my local hobby store and asking them to reassemble it....LOLo_O

The only reason that I was going to change the diff case is that I stripped out 2 of the holes and then used the zip tie trick and screwed it back in. some one recommended that I replace it. And if I take the bumper off, (I do not know if I need to for anything) Can I stick another zip tie in there if needed?

I will do as you suggest. I beleive the servo shims are necessary (or will make it better) as just sitting still in high grass, the servo turns I see, but the wheels barely move, so? If it does not help, it will just break something else. I just hope I don't end up carrying a box of parts to my local hobby store and asking them to reassemble it....LOLo_O
If your truly fearful of not being able to get it back together, I’d take pictures along the way and even take notes if you need to. The way I take things apart, is anything I can stick the screw back into to hold and not lose it , I do. If it’ll get in the way I’ll put it in a little dish or paper bowl and label it if needed. Also, have you experienced the arrma exploded view drawings yet? (I’m afraid this might make it worse ??) let me dig up a link.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/exploded-views/ARA106044T1.pdf

Last edited:
Yes I am truly fearful of taking it apart when I have to remove many parts to get to the necessary one, otherwise I am OK. I agree with the pics and do at times, I was never good at taking notes in school...lol I have little bags to keep thing together too. I absolutely have the exploded view, but it is a little confusing to me at times. I will do my best and post up here for more help if needed. My mechanical stills are such that I once replaced the water pump on my Toyota LandCruiser. Nobody told me I had to scrape the old gasket off first, The second install was faster though.....My Luck!

Yes I am truly fearful of taking it apart when I have to remove many parts to get to the necessary one, otherwise I am OK. I agree with the pics and do at times, I was never good at taking notes in school...lol I have little bags to keep thing together too. I absolutely have the exploded view, but it is a little confusing to me at times. I will do my best and post up here for more help if needed. My mechanical stills are such that I once replaced the water pump on my Toyota LandCruiser. Nobody told me I had to scrape the old gasket off first, The second install was faster though.....My Luck!
The two parts I hate about the diff case is the drive cup removal and install and the shims that go on the crown side of the diff. But it’s just patience stuff... if you got the patience ... it’ll go smoothly. If your having trouble, just take a deep breath. Take some pics and post em up... we’ll walk you through it.

OK, I made some progress..... I
Replaced the Wing Arms with RPM
I installed Bearings in both Rear wheels
I replaced a bottom shock eye mount.

Next....The front wheel bearings.............Whoo Hoo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back