Notorious Replace with OEM or aftermarket?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rengel

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I broke a few things on my 6s notorious this weekend, left front rod end on the shock and a great big split in left steering block (where the ball kept coming out)…

I’m keen to learn with folks here replace with standard like for like oem or go aluminium, after market etc?

I’ve ordered the replacement parts (oem) this time around but thinking next time to “upgrade” or try something different.

For example, for the shocks:

https://hobbiesdirect.com.au/GPM-Re...able-Shocks-w-Mounting-Hardware-MAK135RAA-R-S

Tx,
R.

So I broke a few things on my 6s notorious this weekend, left front rod end on the shock and a great big split in left steering block (where the ball kept coming out)…

I’m keen to learn with folks here replace with standard like for like oem or go aluminium, after market etc?

I’ve ordered the replacement parts (oem) this time around but thinking next time to “upgrade” or try something different.

https://hobbiesdirect.com.au/GPM-Re...able-Shocks-w-Mounting-Hardware-MAK135RAA-R-S

Tx,
R.
GPM shocks are crap. Infact most gpm parts are crap. Their bulkheads are great but not much else.

On anything shock stick with OEM, stay far far away from GPM, Integy or HR except a very few select pieces like hubs and diff housings.
Definitely do not get any arms out of aluminum.
If you do want upgraded parts, look at M2C or similar suppliers. Materials of the chinese knock-offs are weaker than stock.

For the shocks see if you can find Tekno rod ends from the MT410.
Steering blocks any of the aftermarket aluminum ones should be fine even the GPM ones. I run GPM on my Slashpede 4x4 and they have held up great, they are actually the best ones that I could find as they use a bearing instead of bushings where the caster block screws to the hub.
20211003_155448.jpg

For the shocks see if you can find Tekno rod ends from the MT410.
Steering blocks any of the aftermarket aluminum ones should be fine even the GPM ones. I run GPM on my Slashpede 4x4 and they have held up great, they are actually the best ones that I could find as they use a bearing instead of bushings where the caster block screws to the hub.
View attachment 172291
meh, the gpm ones are okay. Not great though. If I were to buy my rig again and rebuild I would stay far far away from gpm etc. I would recommend the jbi knuckles instead.

Tx,
R.
The 6s Arrma shocks are just fine and probably the best as OE goes. Parts are plenty for these. Stay away from upgrade brands for shocks. You will be so disppointed and waste $ in the process. Use alloy sparingly. Like the font and rear hubs, Arrma Metal Center diff carrier. Braces. Not alloy wing mounts or control arms.

meh, the gpm ones are okay. Not great though. If I were to buy my rig again and rebuild I would stay far far away from gpm etc. I would recommend the jbi knuckles instead.
The Vitavon ones look pretty beefy too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back