Replaced Servo with savox 0231

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron5

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I replaced my stock tali on Servo with the savox 0231 and the steering is reversed in it.
  1. Do I need to do anything other than flip the switch on the back of the receiver?
  2. Does the horn need to be off?
  3. Does the end points need to be reset as well?

Thanks

Do I switch it with everything off or turn on the receiver then switch?

Ok the reset do I set the dials back to factory and do the book reset?

Does not matter. The switch will reverse the steering if it is on or off.

I would yes.

That worked, thanks!!! Noticed my front inner hub bearing is toast, is the fast Eddie ones any good?
Yes they are.
Avid and Boca also make good bearings.
I am going to be testing a set from Jim's Bearings here soon.

Noticed my front inner hub bearing is toast, is the fast Eddie ones any good?
Absolutely! Not only is @FastEddy a member here but I'm known him for years. He's a stand up guy that sells great bearings at an even better price.

Also, like @slick2500 said Boca and Avid are also very reputable names as well.

Absolutely! Not only is @FastEddy a member here but I'm known him for years. He's a stand up guy that sells great bearings at an even better price.

Also, like @slick2500 said Boca and Avid are also very reputable names as well.

Thanks woodiE, I’m ordering some tomorrow morning after work.

Does the front shock tower stand straight up and down? I seen mine leans back just a bit. I had it at work and was ran pretty hard. So I’m wondering if I bent the shock tower on one of the crashes. I’m betting I did.

I'm pretty sure that mine leans back, front shock towers normally do.

Okay cool. It’s not noticeable unless you really look. Body still fits so I’m not that worried about it. I was just wondering.

I replaced my stock tali on Servo with the savox 0231 and the steering is reversed in it.
  1. Do I need to do anything other than flip the switch on the back of the receiver?
  2. Does the horn need to be off?
  3. Does the end points need to be reset as well?

Thanks

How is the 0231 Savox holding up? I just ordered one myself. I wanted metals gears but this more economically.
I heard buzzing and clicking in my stock Kraton after a hard drive. IM thinking that is what it is.

How is the 0231 Savox holding up? I just ordered one myself. I wanted metals gears but this more economically.
I heard buzzing and clicking in my stock Kraton after a hard drive. IM thinking that is what it is.

So far so good. It’s a lot faster than the stock, to me it is. I will have to try and upgrade the Servo mount, it moves a lot more than the stock one does. And I had to remove the bottom of the Servo to get it to slide into the stock mount. I also upgraded the horn with the hot racing horn and steering link. You will need a longer screw to connect the linkage to the Servo saver.(on the talion anyways) the savox is a few mm taller than the stock one.

Will the
So far so good. It’s a lot faster than the stock, to me it is. I will have to try and upgrade the Servo mount, it moves a lot more than the stock one does. And I had to remove the bottom of the Servo to get it to slide into the stock mount. I also upgraded the horn with the hot racing horn and steering link. You will need a longer screw to connect the linkage to the Servo saver.(on the talion anyways) the savox is a few mm taller than the stock one.
will the stock horn and linkage work? Or do you recommend getting upgrade. If so, which one.
Thx

As a temporary fix you can use longer screws, I think I used 20mm screws in mine and it is way stiffer than stock.

Will the

will the stock horn and linkage work? Or do you recommend getting upgrade. If so, which one.
Thx

It should work the horn and linkage is the same, will just be a few mm taller. It was recommended to me on here to get an aluminum horn. I just happened to find a good deal on eBay for both the horn and steering link. If I have pics I’ll upload them. I forgot I got a glitch buster with the Servo as well. I moved the linkage to the middle hole on the horn and zip tied the glitch buster to the plate behind the front shock tower.

B38C7CD0-8665-4BCB-9ED1-C2CCC47C3AE6.jpeg

As a temporary fix you can use longer screws, I think I used 20mm screws in mine and it is way stiffer than stock.

Is the holes for the mount drilled up that far? I may run to the hobby shop after Christmas Day and get some longer screws.

It should work the horn and linkage is the same, will just be a few mm taller. It was recommended to me on here to get an aluminum horn. I just happened to find a good deal on eBay for both the horn and steering link. If I have pics I’ll upload them. I forgot I got a glitch buster with the Servo as well. I moved the linkage to the middle hole on the horn and zip tied the glitch buster to the plate behind the front shock tower.

View attachment 14286

Is the holes for the mount drilled up that far? I may run to the hobby shop after Christmas Day and get some longer screws.
The holes go all the way through as far as I know. Let me double check the length of the screws.

-edit- Just double check and they are indeed m3x20 and trust me when I tell you this use a drill or they take forever to screw in.

The holes go all the way through as far as I know. Let me double check the length of the screws.

-edit- Just double check and they are indeed m3x20 and trust me when I tell you this use a drill or they take forever to screw in.

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back