Granite Replacement ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prisma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Alright so, about a month ago, my Granite Mega ESC burst into flames after a month of use. I've been advised by many other forum members to try to get warranty on it. I did and they said they would fix it, but a month later, they refused to do anything about it. So now I'm back on square one. What do you think I should do? What's a good ESC and motor to replace the stock one without breaking the bank?
Also the malfunction was my fault because the cable isolation melted, resulting in a short. What should I do to prevent this?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm just really desperate to get this fixed and have an RC vehicle actually last longer than a month.
Thanks for any advice.

Alright so, about a month ago, my Granite Mega ESC burst into flames after a month of use. I've been advised by many other forum members to try to get warranty on it. I did and they said they would fix it, but a month later, they refused to do anything about it. So now I'm back on square one. What do you think I should do? What's a good ESC and motor to replace the stock one without breaking the bank?
Also the malfunction was my fault because the cable isolation melted, resulting in a short. What should I do to prevent this?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm just really desperate to get this fixed and have an RC vehicle actually last longer than a month.
Thanks for any
Thanks for any advice.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...1900kv-sensorless-motor-combo/SPMXSEMC04.html
Just route your cables going to opposite way of the motor

Thanks for any advice.

Welcome to the forum.
It is likely that you fried the motor and esc due to overheating. There are a few things you can do to prevent that, but since you are planning to replace the motor and ESC you may want to upgrade to brushless power. That means LiPo batteries and learning more about charging and storing those safely, so you may not be ready for that yet.

A brushed motor and ESC combo to replace what you have now is by far the least expensive option. You can likely find a replacement ESC and motor for next to nothing in the RC community. I have three brushed motors and two brushed ESCs lying around. Where did you purchase the truck and where (roughly) do you live? Local RC tracks and hobby shops or eBay/Facebook/Kijiji groups will have people that I’m sure will help. I’m in Canada (Ottawa) and if you happen to be anywhere near me I’d give them to you for nothing, install them and show you how to maintain the motor too. There may be others here who may have parts and will help.

Welcome to the forum.
It is likely that you fried the motor and esc due to overheating. There are a few things you can do to prevent that, but since you are planning to replace the motor and ESC you may want to upgrade to brushless power. That means LiPo batteries and learning more about charging and storing those safely, so you may not be ready for that yet.

A brushed motor and ESC combo to replace what you have now is by far the least expensive option. You can likely find a replacement ESC and motor for next to nothing in the RC community. I have three brushed motors and two brushed ESCs lying around. Where did you purchase the truck and where (roughly) do you live? Local RC tracks and hobby shops or eBay/Facebook/Kijiji groups will have people that I’m sure will help. I’m in Canada (Ottawa) and if you happen to be anywhere near me I’d give them to you for nothing, install them and show you how to maintain the motor too. There may be others here who may have parts and will help.
Thank you so much for the offer and the warm welcome! Although I'm afraid I'm a good 4000 miles away lmao
And to your point on brushless; yes, I have been looking to buy a Max 10 Sct, but I'm not sure if I want to spend that much money on something I could just break the first day. Don't know how resilient brushless electronics are to beginner misuse

Thank you so much for the offer and the warm welcome! Although I'm afraid I'm a good 4000 miles away lmao
And to your point on brushless; yes, I have been looking to buy a Max 10 Sct, but I'm not sure if I want to spend that much money on something I could just break the first day. Don't know how resilient brushless electronics are to beginner misuse

Brushless motors don't require the same cleaning and maintenance as a brushed setup. If you get it back going with a brushed motor and ESC (which are dirt cheap) you need to blow the motor out with canned or compressed air after each run and remove it and clean it properly with electric contact cleaner or motor spray every 3-5 runs depending on how dusty/dirty it is where you run. You also need to pick up a cheap infrared thermometer to and check your motor temperatures every 5-10 minutes when running until you know you are not getting it too hot. If you can't hold your finger on the motor for 2 seconds - it's too hot!

Back