Kraton Replacement kraton shocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cw kraton v2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anybody knew of some good replacement shocks for the kraton. There's nothing wrong with the stock ones, but mine keep leaking. Can't seem to find any online, if anybody knows of some that will fit the kraton and be long enough please help out. Thanks

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anybody knew of some good replacement shocks for the kraton. There's nothing wrong with the stock ones, but mine keep leaking. Can't seem to find any online, if anybody knows of some that will fit the kraton and be long enough please help out. Thanks

Nero shocks ordered! Looks like they will work perfectly! Here's where I got my inspiration, should be here by Friday.

I would like to do this simply for the 4mm shock shaft, but good lord the Nero springs are almost 5 times stiffer than the stock springs. 420g/mm vs the stock 88g/mm. Maybe I will try to find some springs that will fit over the Nero shock that are a similar spring rate to the orange tekno spring.

If you completely change the suspension geometry by installing shocks that are too short (Nero), that's a downgrade, not an upgrade.

Check out Tekno ET48 shocks. Same length as stock, 4mm shafts.

Schoeder_Arrma-7563.jpg
20160602_161402.jpg
20160518_100008.jpg
20160522_082438.jpg
20160522_083206.jpg

Last edited:
How are they better? Do the shafts bend less and are the springs harder than the stock kraton ones.

How are they better? Do the shafts bend less and are the springs harder than the stock kraton ones.

Tekno shafts are 4mm vs 3.5mm stock, and the plastic ball ends are virtually indestructible, as with all things Tekno. The springs are purchased separately, they have four different spring rates to choose from, all are stiffer than stock.

If you are not yet familiar with Tekno strength, watch this video.

20160518_092416.jpg

SpringChart_Truggy2.jpg

Do have a link to the shocks/Springs front/rear. I used filters on their page but can't find them. Thanks either way!

The Tekno has options for vented cap, emulsion, or standard shock configurations also.

I found some shocks but they say that they are 107 and 122mm shocks. Where do u measure your shocks to get the length? Are the Kraton ones 107 ando 122?

Orange is their stiffest and most popular among Arrma users, mainly because people think stiff springs are good for jumping. That's the shock fluid job, not the springs.

Front- http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXELRR&P=M

Rear- http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXELRU&P=M
Thanks a lot. Ps. I knew that, just wanted some socks that aren't going to have the same problems as the stock ones. Vending shock shafts and leaking specifically

The ET48 front's are identical to the Kraton/Talion/Outcast. The rear is a hair shorter.

Picture of rear shocks...
FB_IMG_1479672360727.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks... I've been running these since long before the RPM and Arrma HD mounts were available. They've gained a few followers over on the facebook Arrma 1/8 group. Unfortunately it's a sacrificial part that needs to be replaced after a good hit, but the wing mount almost always survives to continue bashing.

Link - http://tinyurl.com/jb47m7h

I would like to do this simply for the 4mm shock shaft, but good lord the Nero springs are almost 5 times stiffer than the stock springs. 420g/mm vs the stock 88g/mm.

They are awesome.
If you completely change the suspension geometry by installing shocks that are too short (Nero), that's a downgrade, not an upgrade.

Check out Tekno ET48 shocks. Same length as stock, 4mm shafts.

View attachment 7955 View attachment 7951 View attachment 7952 View attachment 7953 View attachment 7954

I wound't completely rule out how stiff the springs are. It's a pretty beastly upgrade, but I'm a noob, so I'm wondering if this adventure of mine will turn into an expensive learning lesson. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4072.JPG
    IMG_4072.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_4073.JPG
    IMG_4073.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 217
Thanks... I've been running these since long before the RPM and Arrma HD mounts were available. They've gained a few followers over on the facebook Arrma 1/8 group. Unfortunately it's a sacrificial part that needs to be replaced after a good hit, but the wing mount almost always survives to continue bashing.

Link - http://tinyurl.com/jb47m7h
Nice, Thanks for the info!

Great info, I'm going to measure my shocks tonight just to make darn sure I get the right lengths. Is the measurement center to center?

Back