Replacement motor for Arrma Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunchBox

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
i have a granite BLX with stock motor and ESC what would be a good replacement or upgrade!
image.jpg

That's my motor nothing wrong with it just looking at options!

Guess yall have won me over on the castle creations..... and will definitely be buying a mamba max set up!.... does anyone know if I will need to replace the radio also!

Not to dis' Castle, but don't you feel nickel and dimed by them? I sure did.
You get the ESC and motor, then gotta spring for the fan [not included] then programming card, what am I missing?
I'm loving my Duratrax 1/10 Onyx 4550kV Brushless. True-dat, it's pricey but all included.

Sorry if I´m hijacking your thread Lunchbox, but the title is related to my next question. Do you have a gearing idea for a 4 pole motor 4250 kv. Right now i´m using stock gearing 18/87. It´s a trackstar combo. Do you think it can handle 15/54.?.

Thanks
Cobi RC

Sorry if I´m hijacking your thread Lunchbox, but the title is related to my next question. Do you have a gearing idea for a 4 pole motor 4250 kv. Right now i´m using stock gearing 18/87. It´s a trackstar combo. Do you think it can handle 15/54.?.

Thanks
Cobi RC

I was wondering about gear ratios when I changed tire dia, but left gearing stock, then change gearing, "what if", "what if", on and on.
Cutting to the chase, here's a site where you can input tire dia, spur & pinion and trans ratio to give final ratio. Hope it helps!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/gearwizard.cfm

I just realized that the problem i have wasn't gearing oe esc setup. I was having problems with the clutch. The new 4 pole motor turns so fast and makes the clutch slip. Do you have an idea how to solve this?
Thanks and i wish you all a happy new year
Cobi RC

I just realized that the problem i have wasn't gearing oe esc setup. I was having problems with the clutch. The new 4 pole motor turns so fast and makes the clutch slip. Do you have an idea how to solve this?
Thanks and i wish you all a happy new year
Cobi RC
I had the same problem, going from brushed to brushless.
To resolve, took the slipper clutch cover off and re-adjusted according to the instructions, with cover off and testing on a clean street [not dirt], began turning the nut down 1/2 turn, test, 1/2 turn, test, and so on until the problem was corrected.
I'm taking the position the clutch pads will wear faster now, so tossed some into my cart to have at the ready when I cut my next order.

Thanks steve. This problem is new because new motor. Everything was ok with stock brushless motor.

Hey guys im also interested in an upgrade for my arma granite. How would the castle creations sidewinder SCT esc motor combo work on a granite? Heres a link to it.
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/sidewinder_sct.html

Castle Creations had an "upgrade" program last year. Long-story-short; they created a list of RCs and the ESC/motor combo they recommend. Scroll down to the link "a list of more than 70 “upgradeable” vehicles", it will open a .pdf file, navigate to your Arrma for their rec.
Good luck!

Lol it suggests that exact combo. Man for 100 bucks thats some good bang for my buck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back