Kraton Replacement motor for Kraton Blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duggin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Its time to replace the stock 2050kv motor in my Blx. The shaft is lose in bearing. I’m happy with the power of this motor and not looking for insane speeds. I’m wondering if there is an upgrade in the same size can. I want to be able to use the motor fans I have.

Its time to replace the stock 2050kv motor in my Blx. The shaft is lose in bearing. I’m happy with the power of this motor and not looking for insane speeds. I’m wondering if there is an upgrade in the same size can. I want to be able to use the motor fans I have.
The biggest problem with upgrading the motor is that the esc is already near its limit with the stock motor. If you want to stick with the stock esc I would just try to find a 4274 2000-2200kv motor.

I’m not completely against upgrading the esc to something more efficient. Not looking for insane speed but more run time would be a bonus.

I’m not completely against upgrading the esc to something more efficient. Not looking for insane speed but more run time would be a bonus.
Changing the esc or motor will not give you more run time, unless the current ones are faulty. Larger batteries can but only up to a point as the weight of the battery will start to negate the increase in capacity.

Will this work? not much choice out there. I was looking at the hobbystar 4092 1730kv but nowhere to be found
https://www.amazon.com/Leopard-4-Pole-Brushless-Inrunner-1730KV/dp/B01KCTITTC
I have 1 and didn't have much luck with it.

This was after about 5 minutes of running.
20190722_202427.jpg

My Leopard is way hotter than other motors too. I’m putting a dual 40mm setup on it now.

Is that the Hobby store or the leopard? I have dual fans on my current motor the hottest it ever gets is 150° and that’s on a 90° day. Typically I’m running about 125 to 130.
The Leopard on a 70* day. And do note the Leopard only has M3 holes whereas the stock motor uses M4 screws.
I replaced it with a Hobbywing 4985 1650kv motor and without a fan the max temp I have recorded was about 160* on a 90* day with the same gearing.

I just realized that is a different can on the Amazon link than the one I bought. I have the 4282 1680kv https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/l...brushless-sensorless-motor-for-1-8-scale.html

Last edited:
The Leopard on a 70* day. And do note the Leopard only has M3 holes whereas the stock motor uses M4 screws.
I replaced it with a Hobbywing 4985 1650kv motor and without a fan the max temp I have recorded was about 160* on a 90* day with the same gearing.

I just realized that is a different can on the Amazon link than the one I bought. I have the 4282 1680kv https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/l...brushless-sensorless-motor-for-1-8-scale.html
Easy enough to drill and tap to 4mm. The original 4074 hit a 190 without fans.
From what I understand is the first two numbers denote the can diameter and the second is the length. Longer cans produce more torque but seem lower rpm.

Easy enough to drill and tap to 4mm. The original 4074 hit a 190 without fans.
From what I understand is the first two numbers denote the can diameter and the second is the length. Longer cans produce more torque but seem lower rpm.
Yeah that's what I did to mine was drilled and tapped the front plate for the motor. Yes the first 2 digits are the diameter and the last 2 are the length. And I think torque goes up with the diameter as well but I could be wrong about that.

Yeah that's what I did to mine was drilled and tapped the front plate for the motor. Yes the first 2 digits are the diameter and the last 2 are the length. And I think torque goes up with the diameter as well but I could be wrong about that.
Like I said I’d like to keep The diameter the same so I use my existing fan setup.
Sounds like the longer cans run cooler?
http://www.leopardhobby.com/index.php/En/Goods/detail/id/54
My Leopard is way hotter than other motors too. I’m putting a dual 40mm setup on it now.
What motor are you running?

Last edited:
I finally pulled the trigger on Leopard Lbps 4274 1800kv

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back