Typhon Replacement Motor for Typhon 6s v4 with BLX185 esc Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lost247

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there

Just wondering what motors you would recommend for replacement stock Arrma 6s BLX 2050kv that will work with the blx185 esc.

I'm wanting a higher speed with bigger pinion looking at going 18-23t
what the best motor rebrand ie hobbywing that wont break the bank. lol.

running cooler and going faster would be awesome. will have heatsink and fans
sorry just learning about this stuff.

just really after a replacement motor to pair with the blx185 esc. A power bump would be nice
if a esc/motor combo is reasonably price send it my way lol.

just Learning about the platform.

18-23 off road? That would be a bit too much for the BLX 185. It would probably burn up short term. I've done it. I would get the newer spectrum motor for it and wouldn't do anything bigger than let's say 16t. What gearing are you running right now? Stock tires? And check your temps if you do go bigger pinion. Go slowly. If not. Puff goes your motor ESC or batteries. I've done all those costly mistakes.

thanks reply
currently have the small pinion
I counted 14. just want abit speed bump little more top end thinking 18 with extra fans on motor and upgraded esc fan
18-23 off road? That would be a bit too much for the BLX 185. It would probably burn up short term. I've done it. I would get the newer spectrum motor for it and wouldn't do anything bigger than let's say 16t. What gearing are you running right now? Stock tires? And check your temps if you do go bigger pinion. Go slowly. If not. Puff goes your motor ESC or batteries. I've done all those costly mistakes.

20221113_055311540_iOS.jpg

Agreed, 16t will be good for off road speed/bashing. You will see the speed difference going up from 14.

Skip the heat sink. Just get a dual fan holder and throw 2 40mm fans on there and that will help with temps. You can also add a better fan to the esc. Doing this, you could then try a 20t or 21t, just get a temp gun if you don't have one to track temps.

Some will say it's a little overkill having 2 40mm fans for off roading/bashing, but I have that in almost all my rigs. Figured why not. My temps are never high! ;)😜😁✌️

Hi there

Just wondering what motors you would recommend for replacement stock Arrma 6s BLX 2050kv that will work with the blx185 esc.

I'm wanting a higher speed with bigger pinion looking at going 18-23t
what the best motor rebrand ie hobbywing that wont break the bank. lol.

running cooler and going faster would be awesome. will have heatsink and fans
sorry just learning about this stuff.

just really after a replacement motor to pair with the blx185 esc. A power bump would be nice
if a esc/motor combo is reasonably price send it my way lol.

just Learning about the platform.
check out leopard motors. i run one on a stretched typhon still using the BLX185esc with great results!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back