Replacement servo for diff brain...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlayingWithEvil

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Just as the title says, has anyone found a replacement servo for the diff brain equipped Neros by another company? I have had all three fail to lock in less than 12 runs. Took the diffs apart, servos out, and tested. Front seems to work now as does center. But the rear is still acting up, buzzing like crazy and getting hot. Locking ring is not hanging up, no burrs catching. Took servo apart and the tiny gear that is driven by the servo motor seems to be laying in the servo top each time I take it off. Shouldn't that gear be pressed on the motor shaft? Is diff locking that important other than a cool "look at me do a back flip" feature? Not really because in order to use crawler mode, all diffs locked, you would have to cut throttle and gear for very slow speed. But since I have it, it would be nice to have it work. End of rant/cry for help.

My first set of diff brain servos also died after ca. 10 runs. I got two of them replaced by the support "no questions asked". The replacements worked since then ca. 40 packs.

So I suggest getting the replacement from the support.

But I am also really interested in a 7.4v diff brain servo!

I already emailed them yesterday, just waiting on a response. Funny thing is the other 2 simply started working again after being removed and reinstalled. After getting the replacements, did you take the old ones apart to see if you could tell why they failed?

I already emailed them yesterday, just waiting on a response. Funny thing is the other 2 simply started working again after being removed and reinstalled. After getting the replacements, did you take the old ones apart to see if you could tell why they failed?
One had a molten case so there it was clear. The other two looked ok from the outside. I did not take them apart.

The ring with the pins showed some wear or deformation. The new rings look different. I remember someone in this forum posted already that there seems to be a slight redesign of the rings.

I had my Big Rock out this weekend for some awesome jumps and backflips. I don't know why nobody likes the Nero. There are a few minor weaknesses. I have almost no breakages after I fixed the weak spots. I am very happy with the performance

I did notice the cases where pretty warm to almost hot so I shut the system down. As for getting the Nero, I originally was going to get the E-Revo, but lhs talked me into the Nero. Not to mention the Nero was $50 cheaper than the Revo.

Just as the title says, has anyone found a replacement servo for the diff brain equipped Neros by another company? I have had all three fail to lock in less than 12 runs. Took the diffs apart, servos out, and tested. Front seems to work now as does center. But the rear is still acting up, buzzing like crazy and getting hot. Locking ring is not hanging up, no burrs catching. Took servo apart and the tiny gear that is driven by the servo motor seems to be laying in the servo top each time I take it off. Shouldn't that gear be pressed on the motor shaft? Is diff locking that important other than a cool "look at me do a back flip" feature? Not really because in order to use crawler mode, all diffs locked, you would have to cut throttle and gear for very slow speed. But since I have it, it would be nice to have it work. End of rant/cry for help.

Hi PlayingWithEvil,
Have you find the Nero Diff Brain replacement servo from other company? Im interested to know too since I have a same problem with you. At least 1 diff brain servo has buzzing noise and stop working. I live in Malaysia and pretty difficult for me to get spares plus conversion rate quite expensive to USD, so DIY or replacing with non stock parts is the only option for me in many cases.
I have research into Banggood that EMAX ES9051 might be suitable for me. the size is exact or at least almost a same.
here the specs below:

Description:
Brand: Emax
Item Name: ES9051 servo
Operating Voltage: 4.0~5.5V
Stall Torque: 0.8Kgf.cm/4.8V
Speed : 0.09 sec/60° /4.8V
Dimension: 19x8x23mm
Motor: Coreless
Weight: about 4.1g
Plug Available: FUR,JR
STD Direction: Counter clockwise / pulse traveling 1500 to 1900 usec

basically its 4.3g series of servo used in airplane models. there are also some other cheaper 4.3g servos there.

I just would like to confirm if anyone use, or any idea regarding the specs if it fits into my Nero..

Cheers

No I didn't find any as of yet. Arrma went ahead and replaced all 3 servos as well as the diff brain under warranty. They did include that if the problem happens again I might have to pay for replacement. If it does happen again, I'll just remove the servos and brain. The only real time I use it is when I'm stuck and lock all wheels to get unstuck. As for the servos you listed, you would need to measure yours and compare. At the very least, the mounting ears would need to be cut off.

I ordered two of the Emax, as I blew two arrma servos.
They do fit the cavity in which the servo sits in, but they are a tad too high, and the spline doesn't take the ring assembly.

Anyone has tried any other servos that might be a direct fit?
30+€ for one original Arrma is a bit much...

HI I am also in a search of a replacement diff brain servo. Anyone already found a good fit?
Another option is to replace the burnt el.motor inside the servo, but for now I cannot find a good fit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back