Felony Replacement servo questions....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisfreshlife

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
Anybody try this cheap servo or have any experience with it??. Stock arrma Servo finally went out and waiting for them to hopefully warranty it so got this one for time being. I'm still pretty new to the whole RC game so this is actually the first Servo I will be swapping......(pretty sure i can do it and make it work but still want to ask 1st)....
Off the Jump I notice this is a little bit taller than the stock one but everything else is same size, if I throw a couple shims and screw it down will there be any issue if the arm is at a slight slant? Other than that is this doable or will I have any issues? TiA

20220502_232856.jpg

20220502_232847.jpg

20220502_232825.jpg

Ok this looks better so far. Was just trying to use the new arm but stick fits perfect.

20220503_004905.jpg

mounted it straight as possibl for the night, seems to work, just need to figure out how to adjust the steering points before playing with it.

20220503_012121.jpg

20220503_012153.jpg

Like I said, still pretty new to all of this, so thats kinda like gibberish to me, haven't reqlly played with it yet but it seems to stear just fine when i twitch it back and forth.?..
they are referring to speed. that servo can do 500 Oz on stall and movement speed is .20 secs. that's strong, but slow. and frankly that 500 Oz is probably a made up number. I had this servo and burnt it out on 7.4v and replaced it with a jx ecoboost which is much faster and about the same strength. you want to look for servos with under .10 sec and some good stall torque as well.

also, I didn't see it but you should consider upgrading the servo stand if you plan on using a stronger servo. the stock one is plastic and it definitely benefits from a sturdier stand.
I bet it takes ages to turn the wheels.

View attachment 215276
lol it's a feetech, they are miserably slow and that 500oz is bs imo.

I would shim the servo up more so. Seems too low by a few MM's. Use specific Servo shims or similar. So the servo Steering "Link" is more level.
Just me.
Many don't mind the link at an angle.:unsure:
But I feel you lose some servo torque when the link is angled. Perhaps splitting hairs on this, however, Arrma and other Brands always have the links level. The Correct way. As it comes out the box. ( RTR's)
Having built many kits, etc, including Tekno, it is proper to keep the link level per instruction manuals.

I kind of felt the same way last night after looking over all extra pieces, then checking the stock servo out, i ended up fitting new servi with all old hardware, so sitting alot better. Didn't think about replacing stock servo cradle but at same time this was only until i get the replacement
Also i was not aware how bad of a servo this is according to a few responses.

20220504_135058.jpg

20220504_135123.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back