Typhon Replacement shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Txbigmac

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I bented my front shock shaft over a month ago, since then I been waiting for the shock shaft to come in after ordering it. The teknos are little pricey with no shock spring. Are there any other ones to look for?

GPM make some, they actually have thicker shafts and they're pretty cheap in comparison. If you can't find stock you can order directly from GPM. Haven't tried them myself and not a lot of reviews online, but might be worth a look. Plus as a bonus they do them in about 6 different colours

GPM make some, they actually have thicker shafts and they're pretty cheap in comparison. If you can't find stock you can order directly from GPM. Haven't tried them myself and not a lot of reviews online, but might be worth a look. Plus as a bonus they do them in about 6 different colours
Thanks, they do look nice. My only question now is which size do I get cause I'm measuring 105mm from the center on both mounting holes for the fronts and 115mm in the back

My experience with GPM is very limited. I recently bought a few center diff mounts which are poor quality aluminum but are still a bit better than the plastic. As for the shocks. I bought a set for the Slash ages ago that were too short. They ended up overextending too much & 3 out of 4 broke at the piston cap. They still sell the same set on their site. The Typhon shocks they sell are also 5mm too short for both the front & rear. You would have to lower a already low ground clearance buggy in order for them not to explode on you. I would stay clear of that stuff.

I would stick with the stock shocks. The whole set or parts can still be had on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Typh...um-Shock-Set-Springs-Cap-Shaf-02/123010744371

My experience with GPM is very limited. I recently bought a few center diff mounts which are poor quality aluminum but are still a bit better than the plastic. As for the shocks. I bought a set for the Slash ages ago that were too short. They ended up overextending too much & 3 out of 4 broke at the piston cap. They still sell the same set on their site. The Typhon shocks they sell are also 5mm too short for both the front & rear. You would have to lower a already low ground clearance buggy in order for them not to explode on you. I would stay clear of that stuff.

I would stick with the stock shocks. The whole set or parts can still be had on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Typh...um-Shock-Set-Springs-Cap-Shaf-02/123010744371
Thanks for the link. I'll just think about it for couple of weeks to decide what to do. I just wish Arrma parts weren't on back order

I wouldn't touch those GPM shocks but Teknos can be had for about $80 at Dollarhobbyz.

I wouldn't touch those GPM shocks but Teknos can be had for about $80 at Dollarhobbyz.
Do you know for sure which Tekno shocks fit the front and rear of the Typhon? The only information I have found for the Tekno shocks working on Arrmas is for the Kraton, Outcast and Talion.

Do you know for sure which Tekno shocks fit the front and rear of the Typhon? The only information I have found for the Tekno shocks working on Arrmas is for the Kraton, Outcast and Talion.
It's the eb48.3 or eb48.4 shocks. They're pretty much the same shocks for both models.

Does anyone know how the Tekno shocks compare to the Arrma V3 shocks? Are one significantly better than the other, with a particular focus on strength.

I have the V3 shocks on my V2 Outcast & I usually take it along with my MT410 to my car-wrecking bash spot. I haven't broken or bent anything yet & I definitely give them all the hell I can. I can't say the Tekno's are worth the extra money. A shock's strength is in the shaft & they appear to be even in that aspect.

I bented my front shock shaft over a month ago, since then I been waiting for the shock shaft to come in after ordering it. The teknos are little pricey with no shock spring. Are there any other ones to look for?
Yeh gpm have 'off the top of my head' 5mm shafts with stiffer springs but will b fitting alum. ball ends instead of plastic from a rock crawler ive been told gives more articulation...but probly will still find a way to break them. I have seen another set on the rear of the nero from the lower A arm to the body post, sumhow...thinkn nothing stronger than tig welding but easier said than done its an art of its own especially alley!!!...any1 kno much about TOP SERCRET RACING motors youtube vids insane

I bought some on Hobbyking for next to nothing and you know what? They work. Not as smooth as Tekno's, but barely the price of the shaft alone... Thicker ends than the Arrmas too.
I swap them when something breaks and it's backordered.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back