Replacement turnbuckles and rod ends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hix

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Does anyone know the size of the rod ends on the turnbuckles for the granite blx? Mine pop off all of the time. I found that rpm carries two sizes. And I'd like to upgrade. I've also broke two turnbuckles in less than a month. Know of a stronger replacement?

Look for Traxxas turnbuckles, for example, I use I think it is the 3643 turnbuckles for the steering. If you still want to use ball ends you can look for kits with the ball studs and the ends together. The Arrma turnbuckles are M3 in size, Maybe you want to upgrade to M4. I haven't broken one since I upgraded.

Look for Traxxas turnbuckles, for example, I use I think it is the 3643 turnbuckles for the steering. If you still want to use ball ends you can look for kits with the ball studs and the ends together. The Arrma turnbuckles are M3 in size, Maybe you want to upgrade to M4. I haven't broken one since I upgraded.
Thanks. This is my sons truck he upgraded from a xl5 rustler. The added speed has him now buying parts. Lol I'm trying to figure out also if there are rustler parts I can use for the arrma truck as that's what I run so I can only buy one style that works on both trucks. I've already put old rustler shocks and springs on it as the arrma ones were cheap and broke quick. If anyone else is doing this I'll update with what I've used from Traxxas since it seems the easiest to obtain parts for.

The RPM long shank 4-40 rod ends are direct replacement for the ARRMA ball cups and fit the ARRMA 3mm turnbuckles. Where did your ARRMA turnbuckles break? If you want to go stronger than you can upgrade to the 3.5 mm size turnbuckles and rod ends. To do this you will need RPM 3.5mm heavy duty ball cup rod ends, 3.5mm rod ends and the appropriate length 3.5mm turnbuckle.

Best regards,
Brian

Last edited:
The RPM long shank 4-40 rod ends are direct replacement for the ARRMA ball cups and fit the ARRMA 3mm turnbuckles. Where did your ARRMA turnbuckles break? If you want to go stronger than you can upgrade to the 3.5 mm size turnbuckles and rod ends. To do this you will need RPM 3.5mm heavy duty rod ends, RPM Traxxas long rod ends and the appropriate length 3.5mm turnbuckle.

Best regards,
Brian
I found that associated makes the correct length and I can use the 3.5 but I found a thicker turnbuckle that 80mm long instead of 71mm. I think I could get away with that as it seems the truck needs to sit a lil higher anyway. The axles will still reach also. The turnbuckles keep snapping right where the threads start. There's not a whole lot of actual steal within the part. Poorly made I feel.

I'm also afraid to go away from the ball cups simply because I think I'd create a new weak spot. Possibly one more expensive to replace. I love the balance of the truck on cornering and jumping I've just got to figure out a better balance of strength for what my son and I are used to putting rustlers through. I've not had these problems with my Traxxas trucks. But I will say for the stability the truck has in the air it'll be worth exploring. Just wish I'd went through all these problems first before handing it over to my son. He's not afraid of breaking the truck when he's got a bad landing from 10 feet in the air. Lol

Lunsford makes turnbuckles in the 3mm size that should be tougher than the ARRMA turnbuckles and would work with the stock ARRMA rod ends. Also, the RPM ball cups are really tough and should stay on better.

Best regards,
Brian

Lunsford makes turnbuckles in the 3mm size that should be tougher than the ARRMA turnbuckles and would work with the stock ARRMA rod ends. Also, the RPM ball cups are really tough and should stay on better.

Best regards,
Brian
Thank you but do you know off hand of a 3.5mm size?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back