Senton Replacing Body Mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

th.son

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi,

I broke the rear body mounts on my Senton 3S BLX. The mount broke off right at the base so there are still pieces stuck in the mounting holes (? probably not the right term). I've been trying to get these pieces out but they seem to be in there pretty tight. I found two screws that hold each of the pieces in and removed them. Am I possible missing any obvious screws that may still be holding in the pieces? Or does anyone have a trick to getting these broken pieces out?

I know it's dirty ☹ Just haven't had time to clean it.

Cheers

Have you tried using some screws to drill into it slowly and then pull on the screw heads to pull the broken parts out?

Have you tried using some screws to drill into it slowly and then pull on the screw heads to pull the broken parts out?

I was legit afraid that you might say something like that :(

I am not super handy and pretty useless at doing stuff like that. But I guess I will have to learn.

Will give it a try and let you know how it goes!

Anything I should watch out for? I am paranoid I am going to damage the mounting holes.

I was legit afraid that you might say something like that :(

I am not super handy and pretty useless at doing stuff like that. But I guess I will have to learn.

Will give it a try and let you know how it goes!

Anything I should watch out for? I am paranoid I am going to damage the mounting holes.

Use common sense and stop if you think it’s wrong. Observe, think, try. That’s my best advice.

I’ve never owned a Senton so don’t know how those things sit in there, but there’s an exploded view of everything in the back pages of your owners manual that could reveal some hidden fasteners. Might be able to take that whole mounting plate off and pop the broken parts out from the backside

Otherwise @jondilly1974’s idea is the perfect option. Use a 2.5 mm cap screw if there’s room. That way you can put some pressure into it and not worry about stripping your impromptu removal tool. Drill a smaller hole than the screw.

It’s pretty hard to cause a disaster using the afore mentioned common sense.

Hard to tell from the pic but you could also just get a tweezer red hot with a lighter and shove it in there open. Wait a sec for it to cool and harden then squeeze and twist it out. I like fixing things with fire.
Oh, and it is SUPPOSED to be dirty! :giggle:

And what happens if you pull that thing that says pull?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
The thing that says pull is to remove the motor mount. You lift it up and pull the whole thing forward after disconnecting and removing a few other bits.

I’ve never owned a Senton so don’t know how those things sit in there, but there’s an exploded view of everything in the back pages of your owners manual that could reveal some hidden fasteners. Might be able to take that whole mounting plate off and pop the broken parts out from the backside

Otherwise @jondilly1974’s idea is the perfect option. Use a 2.5 mm cap screw if there’s room. That way you can put some pressure into it and not worry about stripping your impromptu removal tool. Drill a smaller hole than the screw.

It’s pretty hard to cause a disaster using the afore mentioned common sense.

Hard to tell from the pic but you could also just get a tweezer red hot with a lighter and shove it in there open. Wait a sec for it to cool and harden then squeeze and twist it out. I like fixing things with fire.
Oh, and it is SUPPOSED to be dirty! :giggle:

And what happens if you pull that thing that says pull?

I feel like "I like fixing things with fire" should be on a t-shirt or something lol.

I will try drilling a small hole then screwing in a screw. I was also thinking I could gradually grow the drill bit larger and larger until I eventually drill away enough material that it will just break apart. I would be careful of course to not make the mounting hole any wider then it already is.

Will update you guys... Success or fail... Hopefully I am successful :D

Most of the pictures I have seen on here of peoples trucks they are super clean. On my last run I had the truck going through a bunch of dandy lions which turned the truck yellow.

A T shirt in the redneck burn unit. Lol

Yeah, it will crumble out with some drill holes.

I don’t know what’s with the clean trucks in pics. Mine are never clean. Even when I try to clean them up they still aren’t really clean. Hell, my orange Outcast is currently covered in blue paint ball pellets. Whatever doesn’t hose off stays.

A T shirt in the redneck burn unit. Lol

Yeah, it will crumble out with some drill holes.

I don’t know what’s with the clean trucks in pics. Mine are never clean. Even when I try to clean them up they still aren’t really clean. Hell, my orange Outcast is currently covered in blue paint ball pellets. Whatever doesn’t hose off stays.

Dude.. make the t-shirt ??

I am worried about being able to get them out. I tried pulling out the mount that isn't broken, and I couldn't even budge it.
Drilling might be the only option. We'll see.

I guess it's like a real car, they just want them to be clean. I try to keep it clean but I am horrible at cleaning it :(

If you are that concerned then pull out that manual, look at how that rear plastic covering mounts in there and just take it out. Looks like it's held in by just a few push pins. You get that off and you can punch the broken stumps out from the bottom.

Attachments

• Senton.pdf
    75.2 KB · Views: 48
If you are that concerned then pull out that manual, look at how that rear plastic covering mounts in there and just take it out. Looks like it's held in by just a few push pins. You get that off and you can punch the broken stumps out from the bottom.

I was looking at the exploded view that comes with the truck. I've been trying to figure out if there is a screw I am missing. I started drilling out the one post already. What it looks like is that the post was glued it and maybe isn't meant to be pull out. I am wondering if you are supposed to replace the housing the posts mount into along with the body mounts themselves.

If I crack that housing open, will I have to worry about oil leaking everywhere? I am not sure exactly what's inside.

No, it's just a plastic cover to protect all the stuff under it from dirt. You gotta work a little harder to get to places where oil and electricity reside.

No, it's just a plastic cover to protect all the stuff under it from dirt. You gotta work a little harder to get to places where oil and electricity reside.

I will look into taking it apart then.
Do you think my hobby shop might know more about repairing it? They are an official arrma dealer. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Quick update, I ended up replacing the rear body mount and the body mounts themselves.
As far as I can tell the body mounts themselves appear to be glued in. When I was mounting the new body mount housing and mounts themselves, they slide in and out easily.

At any rate, was finally able to get my truck back up and running!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back