Granite Replacing broken parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

che

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I got my new Granite a few weeks ago and have only taken it out 3 times and each time something broke. Burnt out servo, burnt out rear diff bearing, and today broken AR330469 steering hub assembly? Anyone have an idea what else will break? I would like to compile a "prone to break" parts list so I can order them all at one, instead of this nickel and dime trend I'm on. Thanks.

What are you doing guys to break all this stuff? ? i have granite blx from december and only thing what i broke is wheelie bar...and some damage on body...and i jump, racing hard and sometimes land bad..

Unfortunately breaking stuff and fixing it is part of the hobby. And it all depends on one's driving ability as to how often they break. In theory you could break every part on the truck at least once.

The first thing I would do is get a good set of rubber sealed bearings and replace all the stock ones. Another good mod is the HR bellcrank and pivot balls. RPM A-arms are good but not essential. Set your slipper properly (@razorrc will tell you) and you really should be good to go. Start slamming into trees and then you have a problem ?

No one want's to break stuff but it's inevitable. All you can do is fix hopefully with upgraded parts and bash on.

What are you doing guys to break all this stuff? ? i have granite blx from december and only thing what i broke is wheelie bar...and some damage on body...and i jump, racing hard and sometimes land bad..
Couldn’t agree with you more. I’ve been taking it apart for no other reason than to learn how to do it.

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions guys, If I were to continue this hobby, then I really have to consider replacing broken parts with more robust replacements, perhaps metal? The current busted part I just ordered is called a steering block. I got it off ebay and just for shins and giggles, I tallied all the recent sales for this part from the various sellers and the total came to 104 sets. Any of these buyers readng this?

I have replaced all the bearings with the rubber sealed ones from Jim's. The bearings came in a sealed package with one lone stray in the plastic shipping envelope. Wondering if this was just an extra thrown in for good will? Anyway, the dilemma I have, is that there 4 left over bearing not counting the extra. I obviously missed a few or maybe these are just more extras? It was a lot of work to do the bearing swap and that experience taught me one thing, the limits of screwing into hard plastic. I don't think I have to explain that.

I got my new Granite a few weeks ago and have only taken it out 3 times and each time something broke. Burnt out servo, burnt out rear diff bearing, and today broken AR330469 steering hub assembly? Anyone have an idea what else will break? I would like to compile a "prone to break" parts list so I can order them all at one, instead of this nickel and dime trend I'm on. Thanks.
How much time do you have....? ?‍♂️

If you drive competently, these things are pretty durable. If you run into a tree at 50mph, or drop it out of the sky 30 feet up and land on one wheel... yeah, things are going to break.

If you drive competently, these things are pretty durable. If you run into a tree at 50mph, or drop it out of the sky 30 feet up and land on one wheel... yeah, things are going to break.
Strangely you described my driving style to a T ?‍♂️

I've had my granite blx for about 3 months and bash pretty hard with some homemade kicker ramps. Have had quite a few bad landings front and rear and completely destroyed the body. I haven't broken a single part, my granite is beast.

I've had my granite blx for about 3 months and bash pretty hard with some homemade kicker ramps. Have had quite a few bad landings front and rear and completely destroyed the body. I haven't broken a single part, my granite is beast.
Count your lucky stars. That’s great for you. I have broken just about everything I can think of other than diffs, axles, and battery straps. At least that’s all I can think of.

Break what you can, and upgrade what you want!

Bearings are a known weak point, change up to sealed bearings. Shaft ears around the 'universal pin' will break or bend and pop apart., keep some spares. Servo is weak out of the box, get a new one (20kg servos on Amazon for $15 are great!). A-arms will eventually warp and stay that way. Shock rods will bend but can be straightened. The list goes ON and on and on.

Preventative? Douse everything with Simple Green and blow it off with a compressor after every run... then once dry, coat the thing in WD40 and let it sit for an hour, then wipe it down. This keeps the plastic flexible and allows for an easier cleanup next time. Every 5-10 packs, tear it down and check all the bearings, hubs, look for cracks in things... It's part of the hobby! Enjoy!

Things broke in this order for me.
Front A- Arm & shock upgraded both with RPM a arms and eBay Big Bore shocks.
Body mounts. Went with OE.
Front steering hub replaced with OE.
A arm again front bumper shocks steering links replaced RPM a arm again front bumper T-Bone racing steering links were once for a Redcat I had lying around.
ESC went out and I had a WP-10BL50-RTR and in hindsight should have gotten something much better.
Steering servo replaced with a spare 2065 which didn't last long replaced withHexfly HS-15s and hot racing Servo saver.
Broke rear a arm replaced with rpm there as well and tbr wheelie bar. Got GPMs shock towers front and rear. The rear has already taking some scraping from just a
couple runs.
Spur gear replace with OE
Added high speed Center support from senton.
Added hot racing pivot ball kit .
And as I type this I'm adding stuff to my cart. Hey I'm no different!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back